GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB2 firmware update tutorial (VW Audi Skoda Seat download links)

Mooseman

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2022 TT RS
If I go into the green menu and do the "Patch tsd.mibstd2.system.swdownload to accept any metainfo2.txt" thing, will I then be able to update to P0367T without breaking anything?
1643595088364.png

1643595218704.png

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Patching SWDL not enough. You also need to customize metainfo2.txt file in new firmware package.
I tried this once, failed, and had to make emergency restore tutorial instead 😅

ianw4r

Car(s)
Golf 7
Anyone knows how to upgrade my software version MST2_RoA_VW_ZR_P0245T (RoA region) to the EU version: MST2_EU_VW_ZR_P0254T ?
(I can't found the RoA version on mibsolution.one)

Would this brick my unit if I go from RoA -> EU ?

Thanks in advance.

tempImage5grkOV.jpg

helushune

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong. My head unit is MST2_US_VW_P0628D/MU 0751, 3Q0035844A. I'm trying to update to P0635D/MU 0757 to fix some random lock ups/stalls for 10+ seconds then quickly rushes through all touch inputs, and phantom inputs that I've ruled out is not the touchscreen itself.

I have an 8gb micro sd card in a standard sd card adapter. Partition table set to MBR/msdos type and a single partition formatted as fat32.
sdcard-gparted.png

I've extracted the contents of MST2_US_VW_P0635D_MU0757.7z to the root of the sd card with nothing else.
sdcard-files.png

However, when I place the sd card in to the head unit, it does a quick scan but doesn't see the update. When I go in to the Update menu in service mode, the sd card is grayed out.

helushune

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
That's strange. You can try with exFAT, it should work as well.
I'm glad it's not just me that's confused. I tried just now with the sd card formatted as exFat with the same results. Could it be the sd card class rating?

EDIT:
Found an old 16gb USB 2.0 drive, carved a 4gb partition and formatted as fat32, tossed the update on there and the radio sees it no problem. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

helushune

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Can you perform firmware update from USB drive?
It looks like it's possible. I updated to P0635D/MU0757 the other night using an old USB 2.0 flash drive plugged in to the USB port I use for android auto.

lightbody

Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI mk7.5

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Yes, 0478 is the latest one for units with 04xx firmwares.
If your unit is stock (no patching, modifications, outside dealership activations...) you should be fine.

lightbody

Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI mk7.5
Yes, 0478 is the latest one for units with 04xx firmwares.
If your unit is stock (no patching, modifications, outside dealership activations...) you should be fine.
Thanks.

Can I do it in one jump, or should I do the intermediate versions one at a time?

Also I assume you unzip the files onto the SD card?

Thanks very much