GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Meeting the runner at the DMV tomorrow at 9. So I'll have my car then šŸ˜

No time to steal the cubby though ā˜¹ļø

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Welcome to club R!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Got a link? I would like a beefier wheel but I donā€™t like the carbon stuff.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000966661598.html

Here you go. They will make you whatever you want.

You want the basic perforated leather on the sides with black carbon on the top and bottom and red stitching? They'll do it.

Solid leather all around with neon green stitching? They'll do it.

Full crazy, alcantara on the sides, with purple forged carbon top and bottom, and German flag colored stitching? They'll do it.

Like I said. There's nothing anybody can say that will make me believe any of the aftermarket wheel sellers on Instagram\Facebook don't just get their wheels from this same factory, mark them up a couple hundred bucks, and pocket the difference. If they have a working relation with the factory, they probably even pay less than $400 for the wheel in the first place.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I do have a question, was your wheel like the (core/body of it) was it a new wheel or could you tell it was a used wheel?

Iā€™m pretty sure by my packaging it came for our of the country, but my core was cleary used and was a real vw core, even had broken tabs left in the holes were trim was removed šŸ˜‚

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I do have a question, was your wheel like the (core/body of it) was it a new wheel or could you tell it was a used wheel?

Iā€™m pretty sure by my packaging it came for our of the country, but my core was cleary used and was a real vw core, even had broken tabs left in the holes were trim was removed šŸ˜‚

Hard to tell, as I was the second owner. I compared the "core" parts you could see to my OEM one, and seemed pretty identical.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Well my grandma was tired of waiting for the Audis to come in and her lease was up yesterday. She didnā€™t want to pay to extend the lease and the local Audi dealership told her they didnā€™t expect to have ā€œsteady stockā€ of new A3s and S3s until next year.

So she drove over to the BMW dealership and bought a new 228i. Sorry if thatā€™s a disappointment..

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Well my grandma was tired of waiting for the Audis to come in and her lease was up yesterday. She didnā€™t want to pay to extend the lease and the local Audi dealership told her they didnā€™t expect to have ā€œsteady stockā€ of new A3s and S3s until next year.

So she drove over to the BMW dealership and bought a new 228i. Sorry if thatā€™s a disappointment..

@jimlloyd40, how you feel about BMWs?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
1643771295328.png

Goodnight, sweet Prince. You will be missed. Served me well for the last 3 years, but will be gone in less than 12 hours. Did one final once over on the car to make sure I got everything I wanted. Decided the under seat drawer would be too much of a pain to keep, so the next driver does get to keep it :ROFLMAO:

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
I see @Javwohl has been here and to be honest at my age I would prefer a šŸ™€ like Leo.
I like to pop in now and then see how itā€™s been going. Enjoyed the roller coaster ride. And the knowledge offered. Hell I would give you Leo Jim if I wasnā€™t afraid he would make his way back to me then kill me in his sleep then go after keesh thinking he was in on it too.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I like to pop in now and then see how itā€™s been going. Enjoyed the roller coaster ride. And the knowledge offered. Hell I would give you Leo Jim if I wasnā€™t afraid he would make his way back to me then kill me in his sleep then go after keesh thinking he was in on it too.
Tell him to come back.