GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Subbed for the part out sale

I'd give you a package deal on the dash and capacitive climatronic unit, so you can have that full "No dial" fancy look going on in your car, since you already got rid of your volume knobs :ROFLMAO:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Sorry, I somehow missed this.

Nothing exciting that anybody would really like lol.

I'm still super paranoid about the overboost situation. Logging is getting hard due to it dropping down to the teens after dark. This was a snippet of a log I got on the highway the other day.

https://datazap.me/u/acadia18/temp-log-3-182022?log=0&data=0-3-8-14-40-43&mark=68-68-106

View attachment 235415

You can see between the markers where it started to overboost again (no code or limp mode though). It could be air temp and traction like Ed said. Who knows. Won't stop me from being paranoid to hell about it.

Nick finally got back to me about those logs I had sent him a week or so ago right after my EPC and limp mode happened.

View attachment 235416

Haven't had a chance to log like he asked, again due to logging getting hard.

Sneeky sent me a new revision.

View attachment 235417

Same thing. Haven't had a chance to load and log.

Made an appointment for this Friday to go look at the lesbianmobile. Nothing set in stone, lots of variables up in the air, but still exploring options. If the 3 conditions are met though (1. I like the car, 2. They'll come down in price, 3. They'll give me what I want as a trade-in), this would be a good weekend to put my car back to stock since it's a 3 day weekend lol.

Bottom line is, I just don't know if I want to do this with the GTI going forward. The constant monitoring. Being paranoid and pulling bits of logs every 2 days. Having that worry in the back of my head anytime something pops up. I thought I did, but now I'm not sure.
Don't do it, just turn down the boost a pinch dude.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Don't do it, just turn down the boost a pinch dude.

It's not just that. I could easily do that. I already have a revision that's like that, with the 27 - 29psi. There's that constant thought, any time my car shakes or shudders or jerks, your head jumps to "Oh shit, is something wrong?". I don't think my car is unreliable, I'd have no hesitation taking it on a road trip tomorrow. But there's always that constant concern that something could go wrong.

It's an assumed risk you take on when you go down this path, and I thought I was fine with it. But now that I'm here, I'm not sure I am.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i guess i don't really know what your full mod list is

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Like, I look at that snippet of a log.

1642010221596.png

For 1.2 seconds, my car wasn't doing what it should. And behind the wheel, I didn't notice anything. The power didn't drop, and I wasn't expecting it to. While it didn't pop and EPC and limp mode for overboost on that pull, that's the condition that caused it to. The car was correcting the boost level, and it didn't come down.

Why would it do that? Ed explained what the cause could be. It could be a combination of traction and cold air. We're in the teens, so that's a perfectly reasonable explanation. Diggs says "Don't worry about it, just enjoy it to till Spring". But that's not who I am, I can't just push it from my head. That's the kind of thing that will eat away at my brain for forever. And that's what I mean when I say I'm just not sure the hybrid turbo life is for me. You have to accept things will pop up every now and then. Some a miniscule. Some are big. Just the way it is, it's part of the game.

Now that I'm playing, I don't think I want to play the game anymore.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
after reading a bit about what lesbians do to eachother
1642011211225.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
1642011271041.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
the-circle-the-circle-uk.gif

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I do agree with sams on not using ap every time you drive for everyone. I never use mine. Just to load maps and check stuff that I don’t even understand the meaning of after, then just sits in glovebox.
I do think the situation would be a lot different if you had a good tuner local where you could just get a tune fully done from the start, save all that headache of the revision after revision, sorting through problems, etc.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Take your Cobb off your dash, put it under your seat. Drive the car. Check when a CEL comes on.

I was perfectly fine with that when I was stage 2. Can't do that anymore.