GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
1639149889259.png

Thank you Sneeky, very insightful.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm not sure what to do at this point. I don't think pump isn't seated incorrectly, that's the whole reason I spent the money to get a pre-assembled drop in unit directly from Precision Raceworks.

I don't know what the rail pressure should be, but I assume he is talking about this

https://datazap.me/u/acadia18/sneeky-v4-3rd-gear-pull-log-3-112921?log=0&data=3-7-11-33
1639151723283.png

When it shifts to 4th at WOT, the rail pressure goes down considerably doesn't go back up much. However, that isn't happening much on the EQT one

https://datazap.me/u/acadia18/eqt-v105-3rd-gear-pull-log-2-112921?log=0&data=3-8-14-33
1639151818708.png

It drops a little bit, but still stays around 3000psi, where the Sneeky one is dropping down to 2400psi.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
how much did the wrap end up costing? How has it held up?

$1,400. Almost a year in, and so far holding up fine.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
it's not when its dropping at shifts it's through a big part of the range... its requesting 3300psi and dropping top 2400 but at that same time it's also boosting over its request.

datazap.me | Acadia18 | Sneeky v4 - 3rd Gear Pull - Log 3 - 11/29/21

honestly even at the over boost of 30psi you shouldn't be so shy on fuel with your setup... (that in regards to the dialed back eqt tune also, at 27psi it was still nearing the threshold)

I def. wouldn't write off hardware.... looking at both tuner logs your HPFP stays at 100% (94% lowest I saw) through the full range. when I look at my logs it's in the 50s range up top and I checked you pre-upgraded pump log and it behaved the same way where the percent drops as the RPMs increase - I mean it wouldn't be the first time we have seem aftermarket hpfp issues.

one thing that seem odd to me is that the gate is fully open redirecting the flow by 6600 rpms and its 4-5 psi over still @Diggs24 you seen that before on one of the 666 logs you have reviewed?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
it's not when its dropping at shifts it's through a big part of the range... its requesting 3300psi and dropping top 2400 but at that same time it's also boosting over its request.

datazap.me | Acadia18 | Sneeky v4 - 3rd Gear Pull - Log 3 - 11/29/21

honestly even at the over boost of 30psi you shouldn't be so shy on fuel with your setup... (that in regards to the dialed back eqt tune also, at 27psi it was still nearing the threshold)

I def. wouldn't write off hardware.... looking at both tuner logs your HPFP stays at 100% (94% lowest I saw) through the full range. when I look at my logs it's in the 50s range up top and I checked you pre-upgraded pump log and it behaved the same way where the percent drops as the RPMs increase - I mean it wouldn't be the first time we have seem aftermarket hpfp issues.

one thing that seem odd to me is that the gate is fully open redirecting the flow by 6600 rpms and its 4-5 psi over still @Diggs24 you seen that before on one of the 666 logs you have reviewed?

Thanks. So what should I do from here? Take apart the HPFP and inspect? Reassemble and log again?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
-riceburner-
/rīs-ˈbərnər/
verb
1. verb: riceburner; To abruptly discard one's vehicle in favor of another after devoting countless amounts of time, energy, & money into the former.
"Did you hear Acadia riceburnered his GTI just after putting in a hybrid for an S3?"
I get bored! Who takes the time to make a puzzle and then seriously just sits there looking at it in awe? You enjoyed it for the build. Onto the next!