GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3D Printed Parts - Fun & Functional

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Ok so they're printing on the Prusa MK3S. They used PETG on my most recent print.

Ah, that's a (nice) hobbyist grade printer. No way you're getting high temp materials (Ultem, peek, PEKK, etc) out of that without sacrificing a lot of print quality and strength at best.

Abs is probably your best bet, carbon or glass filled if they can do it.

mturner1578

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 MK7 GTI 4Dr
Ah, that's a (nice) hobbyist grade printer. No way you're getting high temp materials (Ultem, peek, PEKK, etc) out of that without sacrificing a lot of print quality and strength at best.

Ok cool good to know.. I'll see if they can do ABS or carbon or glass filled..

Thanks for the help!!

mturner1578

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 MK7 GTI 4Dr
Ohhh.... haha gotcha ok thanks for the clarification 😅

jeoje

Sorry to necro this, but it's a great thread anyway. Came across this looking for an Accessport mount for my MK7.5 Golf R. I wasn't keen on anything I've seen so I designed my own that mounts to the left vent. It's designed around the original ram ball sticky mount included with the Accessport, but you should be able to stick whatever you want to it. Left vent controls are still accessible and no modifications are made.

https://thangs.com/m/36468

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
So the guy at the 3D printing shop said for me to just let him know what would be better material and he could remake it with stronger material.. So what would be a list of maybe like the top 3 or 5 plastics to use for this mount?

-ABS
-PEEK
-Ultem
-PEEK

???
I would recommend ASA. its the new and much better version of ABS. Its what i personally use for any and all car parts. plus its sandable and paintable if your into that type of thing.

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S

They can absolutely print high temp materials. and the i3 is an absolute workhorse. its designed to be both a hobby level printer AND an industrial printer. it uses a full metal e3d hotend and a high temp multi zone heated bed. it can print high temp. it cant do 500+ deg stuff but it can get close. I still recommend ASA

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
Sorry to necro this, but it's a great thread anyway. Came across this looking for an Accessport mount for my MK7.5 Golf R. I wasn't keen on anything I've seen so I designed my own that mounts to the left vent. It's designed around the original ram ball sticky mount included with the Accessport, but you should be able to stick whatever you want to it. Left vent controls are still accessible and no modifications are made.

https://thangs.com/m/36468
I printed this and added my photos to the website. its honestly amazing and works so well. highly recommend this over literally any other mount for the AP

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

01LSi

Passed Driver's Ed
just wanted to add some door speaker spacer rings I made that incorporate a plug slot for factory harness adapters.

original post here:
Made myself some speaker adapters/spacers | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

link to files here:
Volkswagen 6.5" Speaker Ring Spacer for JL C1-650 by Threewheelz - Thingiverse
Thanks for making this really appreciate it. It's crazy how little there still is available to this platform in the audio space after all these years. I used cheap xscorpion adapters after a seperate printed one didn't work out and the CDT ring didn't allot the door card to click back into place. If I ever go back in I'll likely do this.

There's another spacer on thingiverse for the golf but I haven't personally tested fitment to know yet.

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
Being a big engineering geek I decided to start a compilation of 3D printable parts for our MK7s! Some of these have been floating around but I figured it would be fun to get some of these consolidated in one place.

I will post any applicable feedback for parts I try to print and hope other users will do the same!

As always, use your brain when using 3D printed parts on a car. Recommend using PETG for any item that might be near higher temp areas or for any part which needs extra structural strength. PLA plastic can melt in the car on a hot day!

Do you have a cool 3D Printed GTI part waiting to show to the world? Let us know! :)

Stay safe, stay legal!

Parts List:

JB1/4 Mount for MK7 GTI

Alternate JB1 Mount for MK7 GTI

MK7 Shifter Bushings (please be safe with these)

MK7 Clutch Stop - REVIEW HERE

Universal Phone Dock

Parcel Shelf repair parts

Spare Tire Nut

OBD11 Holder

Walnut Shell Blasting/Carbon Cleaning Adapter

BlackVue Dashcam Mount

Pinch Weld Jack Pucks - Please Use 100% Infill For a Solid Object

COBB AccessPort Mount
Updated OD11 Holder https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5421878