GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Today I filled it up with 91 and wondered, in a year or 18 months are we gonna be bolting Gen4 HPFPs up to our Gen3s and running E85? New one does 350 bar (5,000 PSI). A more reliable solution than upgraded internals would be awesome.

Really excited to learn the full extent of Mk8 to Mk7 portability.
you dont say???? I was saving up for internals but would love a plug and play option

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Let the pup ride up front with me. I need to get her a car harness now though.

CBC04FE8-27CB-448F-9A36-C312DDE61030.jpeg

6F028ECA-D311-46D9-8B77-9BBD2BBAF3E6.jpeg

Also, found this abandoned ND2 in my complex…wonder what the story is…

E6E052D3-C2E1-4783-95EB-815926A35193.jpeg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Looks like your guy (or you) got them welded on straight. My left one is ever so slightly not straight and it drives me nuts sometimes.
Looks that way. But if I stand behind the car at a certain angle and look really hard they’re not perfect. Probably will drive me nuts for years and years too 😂

I realized that my stock tailpipes coming out of the muffler were not even. And I learned that’s not uncommon with the GTI. So there was some hammering to get it closer…

If I was willing to pay for it, ideally they’d cut the tailpipes off and weld on new turns so everything can line up perfectly and set the tips further in.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Looks that way. But if I stand behind the car at a certain angle and look really hard they’re not perfect. Probably will drive me nuts for years and years too 😂

I realized that my stock tailpipes coming out of the muffler were not even. And I learned that’s not uncommon with the GTI. So there was some hammering to get it closer…
They'll be black soon enough anyway and then it'll be even more difficult to tell.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Also, got the brakes sorted out (diy video in progress) so now it’s just stuck on the lift waiting for parts from FCP.

B296689D-F605-4E6B-B86F-8954F70DDF7D.jpeg

Also, in an attempt to get my mini split to stop pumping heat at its lowest setting (61*F) rather than 70*+ I spent a small fortune on what looks like not much insulation (three 4x8 sheets). I’m suspecting it was getting a draft from above, but we’ll see in the morning.
829B4AAB-2A46-4005-BC01-D9F2B9266618.jpeg

Only need another house payment worth of sheets to do the rest of the building, so I might do a little at at time. The insulation it has helps a lot, but more is always better.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Installed my CTS DP this evening. It took about 2.5-3 hours including setting up and cleaning up. All in all, it was a fairly easy job, it was just kind of a pain snaking the stock DP out.

Overall I'm satisfied, sounds good, looks good in the engine bay, and it feels like there is more power. The one thing I am unimpressed with is the crappy clamps they include. The hardware was so jacked up I had to chase the threads on the nuts and bolts to be able to get them to go together!

I guess that's what you get at that price point.

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
Oil change and new plugs.

I'm only at 32k miles but the car just hit the six year mark and these days I feel like I go looking for things to do since I don't drive it much anymore. I was surprised, the new plugs have definitely smoothed out the middle of the rev band, feels smoother and more responsive.

Install was very straightforward and fortunately the coil boots didn't put up a fight.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Kencha Tail light mod with VCDS. I had to go thru the list twice. Easier if you could print out the instructions and check off items as you complete. I was using my phone 😩

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport