GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turns out I bought a tuned CPO car

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
they will offer you a gift pack; 3 free oil changes, a VW coffee mug and a koozie

If I google image Koozie, is it SFW? lol, I'm afraid...

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
10 pages in and no trip to the dealer. Lets go OP! This thread got me excited.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
LOL sorry bro. Salesman was out this weekend. Had a couple phone calls with him today. Resolution soon!
Hopefully they're not just stalling and setting you up for the "well I spoke with my superior, and unfortunately........" you know the rest.

Pinche.adam

Passed Driver's Ed
The better question I have here for this is - is the CPO warranty the same as the factory/manufacturer warranty w/r to tuning, TD1, etc.? If warranty was your big buying point here, yes, just need to call VWoA and ask.
Yes this is how you need to decide...I have a cpo car that recently had the radiator pop out of intercooler and so the lower coolant hose got sliced by the belt. Anyways brought to dealership and ended up getting new radiator and thermostat housing/ waterpump all fixed but under powertrain warranty. Not dealership cpo.

Pinche.adam

Passed Driver's Ed
I already bought it. I didn’t find out about the tune until a week later. So yeah. Trying to sync up with the sales manager so we can discuss.

The warranty was important to me since the 2015 has a pre-revision turbo known to occasionally fail. At 53k miles? Maybe I’m safe by now. But peace of mind is priceless.
53k miles? And 2015? I can't believe they even sold it as cpo. As far as the tune though, just bc apr tuned it at one point doesn't mean it wasn't flashed back to stock...are you sure it's still running the stage 1?

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
53k miles? And 2015? I can't believe they even sold it as cpo. As far as the tune though, just bc apr tuned it at one point doesn't mean it wasn't flashed back to stock...are you sure it's still running the stage 1?
I’m not going to argue adding a warranty LOL. I believe the max is 7 years/75,000 miles. And yes it’s definitely still tuned.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
VW can still tell that it was tuned even if you return to stock.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
VW can still tell that it was tuned even if you return to stock.

Yep. There is a log in the ECU of every time it's flashed.

I was hoping that wasn't the case, as unmarrying my AP was not detected by Subaru back in the day, but the Subaru ECU's were stone age compared to the mk7.