GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 GTI to be revealed in March

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Weirdos. Have fun in your batcaves. Of course I drove convertibles for years, just prefer the ability to open the roof. You guys must not eat enough Mexican food.

I drove convertibles for many years. Florida killed that for me. It's just so freaking hot and humid here. If I drove with the top down, I'd be covered in sweat. If I drove with it up, it was truly a batcave.

I just don't like VAG sunroofs. Nothing but bad experiences with them over the years. Plus, who wants a sunroof on a car that gets autocrossed and tracked?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Weirdos. Have fun in your batcaves. Of course I drove convertibles for years, just prefer the ability to open the roof. You guys must not eat enough Mexican food.

Love a sunroof, but from everything I've read on here, you don't want a VW sunroof

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
It's Keyless GO not Keyless entry access. It only has a stupid push button start lol.

That's dumb. Mercedes does this as well. Mom bought a GLC base model and it has keyless start, but not entry. What's the point. You have to get your keys out to open it anyway.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Love a sunroof, but from everything I've read on here, you don't want a VW sunroof
Not one issue with either of mine. Sure, they creak if you vent them in the heat and then close them, but it goes away after a few minutes.

My M Coupe had more helmet space with the sunroof than without. I know that’s not true on the Golf, but the old adage that sunroofs are looser is largely irrelevant with modern cars. Who hasn’t been lapped by a Corvette with a gaping hole in the top?

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
2022 S trim is getting Led headlights.

https://media.vw.com/en-us/releases/1569
And a heated steering wheel, automated climate control, heated seats, and MiB 3 (instead of that all-touch abomination). With the diff coming standard now, that's a remarkably generous "base" options package. Genuinely the only thing I'd want on top of that is the DCC, but of course that's held hostage by the near $40k Autobahn trim.

codypka

Go Kart Champion
And a heated steering wheel, automated climate control, heated seats, and MiB 3 (instead of that all-touch abomination). With the diff coming standard now, that's a remarkably generous "base" options package. Genuinely the only thing I'd want on top of that is the DCC, but of course that's held hostage by the near $40k Autobahn trim.

The S-trim seems like the most attractive one to me for this generation. You get all those nice features while avoiding the sunroof and19inch wheels

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion

Thank you for the timely link. (y) As an amateur photographer, I wish manufacturers would knock it off with the artsy, overprocessed photography. VW's photographer favors shots looking into the sun, casting the car's side in shadow and distorted angles. When I was shopping for my car (bought a '21 GTI SE, love it), I visited numerous manufacturer websites and saw fetching photos, only to arrive at a Dealer to find that the actual car looked ugly. I just want to see the car parked in normal light and normal perspective as it is.

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
Wait, you can get an Mk8 GTI with the infotainment and controls (with buttons) or am I misunderstanding something?

I assume the steering wheel will still have the awful touch controls though.

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
LOL...just never had a car with sunroof that was not problematic. If they don't leak, they rattle. A car has windows all the way around it. Plenty of light and air gets in, no need to have it beating down on you head!