GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Remove Torque limiter Via Vag-Com (How To)

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
I also notice with starting vibration off, my car did vibrate a lot more in idle. Not sure if that was related, but seemed to relax when I put it to standard.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I also notice with starting vibration off, my car did vibrate a lot more in idle. Not sure if that was related, but seemed to relax when I put it to standard.

The only thing that this setting changes is the torque limiter when you give it all the gas peddle in the first few gears.

It does not change the idle. The only thing that would make the idle rough is running the AC.

quality_sound

hmm.......
Car(s)
'21 GTI S DSG
Hopefully you guys can help. With OBDeleven Pro the starting vibration option doesn’t even show up under adaptations. I have a ‘19R.

Thanks all!

quality_sound

hmm.......
Car(s)
'21 GTI S DSG
Just set my ESC button to act as ESC ON/SPORT ESC/ESC OFF and set the starting vibration reduction to deactivated, torque limiter was already deactivated.

Launched it a few times with ESC off and the vibration reduction deactivated. Holy crap, does it launch WAY better, and the tires chirp a little instead of just hopping. I just got new Firehawk Indy 500's though and I don't wanna burn them up immediately so I set vibration reduction to NORMAL, it was on STRONG. Or am I thinking about this wrong?

EDIT: I have the PP with the diff if it makes a difference. I wanna be able to launch it when I want, but under normal driving circumstances still drive safely without having to worry about wet surfaces or burning up tires.

What settings did you change to do this? I wouldn’t be surprised if it was something else VW changed on the ‘19 that I can’t do :D

DAS_STIG

Banned
I don’t think there were any blanks but I’ll look tomorrow. It might be renamed. I set the XDS to strong and that felt like a good change.

People have recommended against that due to the unpredictability of it. Some folks had issues with it kicking on on-ramps and almost getting in accidents because of it.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
hi, google brought me here but I have already been here. lol. So any long time users of this: I was thinking of doing this im 2017 6MT. Any reasons to do this or not to do this? thanks

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I found no cons to doing this on my GTI. On a stock car it really seemed to improve off the line acceleration :)

mayday_soc

Car(s)
MK7 TDI
I know I’m 4 years late to the party, and no one cares... but this mod works on ‘15 TDIs. It let me deactivate and it makes a world of difference. Thank you OP.

...now I might have to play around with long code esc shutoff. My factory on byte 29 is 02 not 09 so I’m not sure if I should mess around with it.

scientificharmony

Ready to race!
Hi all

I did this mod using OBDEleven.
Set Torque limiter and Starting Vibration to OFF and noticed wheel hop.
Am I being silly, or do I need to also have ECS also off? ( i have also done the mod for this to completely disable)

Thanks