GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rim recommendations- Golf R

Rwm44

Car(s)
Golf R
EDIT*

I have around a £1000 budget for for 4 rims. The rim colour at the moment is grey, but thinking of maybe changing to black?

I just drive my car for fun, the roads in England are bad so something that doesn't break if i miss swerving q pothole would be good.

Please also talk in English I might understand, im a car novice when it comes to rims.

I was mainly wondering what people have on their own cars, there's so much choice and its a little overwhelming.

Thanks 👱‍♀️

Hi all

Any good recommendations of make/design of 19" rims for my golf R. It's the black version with silver mirrors.

Too many options for me to choose from... also if there's any brand that's meant to be more durable? As my pretorias just cracked a rim.

Cheers

Last edited:

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Budget? Forged APR, maybe some Carbon Revolutions?

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
love these posts. post your budget, size, purpose (lightweight, all show no go, etc.) color preference. give people something to start with. we can recommend you cheap boat anchors like rotiform / niche or lightweight motorsport wheels like bbs e88, fi-r, etc. for $10k. get where this is going?

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I run 19" CH-R's on mine. The slight more weight vs my stock 19" Pretoria's is undetectable. I also have a set of 19" and 18" HLT light weight OZ's. All of these are nice quality affordable wheels. I tend to stay away from Japanese tuner wheels on my Euro cars.

That said, not sure what to do with my A90.. I kept the wheels stock.

Rwm44

Car(s)
Golf R
love these posts. post your budget, size, purpose (lightweight, all show no go, etc.) color preference. give people something to start with. we can recommend you cheap boat anchors like rotiform / niche or lightweight motorsport wheels like bbs e88, fi-r, etc. for $10k. get where this is going?
Alright 😅 sorry. Am very new to the whole world of forums and am just panicking a little as I need to sort my car ASAP and generally have no idea what I'm doing.

Rwm44

Car(s)
Golf R
Pleased see updated post. No need to make me feel dumb 🤟

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
That's what the entire internet is for. Well, and helping people once the first thing has been handled. You might consider moving down to 18's for a better ride, cheaper tires and better durability. Nearly any 18" wheel will clear the R brakes and you'll just want to change to a 235/40/18 tire. Most folks change to an 8" wheel width from the stock 7.5" width, or you can go wider if you'd like to run more tire width.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I run 19" CH-R's on mine. The slight more weight vs my stock 19" Pretoria's is undetectable. I also have a set of 19" and 18" HLT light weight OZ's. All of these are nice quality affordable wheels. I tend to stay away from Japanese tuner wheels on my Euro cars.

That said, not sure what to do with my A90.. I kept the wheels stock.
Advan GT. Done.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Be like the majority and get neuspeeds. Used sets always pop up so you should be able to get a set with rubber for cheap. By the same token, you'll be able to sell just as easily.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
Got to be the most subjective thing anyone can ever ask.

Look for something that's flow formed. They are similar in strength to a fully forged wheel for much cheaper. Also, if you don't want to run hub rings, Neuspeed makes all of their wheels to fit the hub with no modification - which is 57.1 mm

Most other wheel companies will require you to run a hub ring. Just something to think about.

My choices would be:

Neuspeed Rse102 or Rse11R
Forgestar F14
Rotiform RSE - These wheels look fucking fantastic on the MK7

https://www.wheelhero.com/blog/get-low-with-this-volkswagen-gti-on-rotiform-wheels/

Last edited:

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Be like the majority and get neuspeeds. Used sets always pop up so you should be able to get a set with rubber for cheap. By the same token, you'll be able to sell just as easily.
He’s in ol’ Blighty, so that’s a little trickier.