GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rim recommendations- Golf R

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
You know, I was looking at those wheels pretty seriously at one point. I might do those (this is on my A90, not Golf-R. VW screams BBS wheels.. well, in my head that is. I hear a lot of things so it might be just me).
yes. advan gt for your a90 not your golf although @eventhorizon pulls it off nicely

Rwm44

Car(s)
Golf R
That's what the entire internet is for. Well, and helping people once the first thing has been handled. You might consider moving down to 18's for a better ride, cheaper tires and better durability. Nearly any 18" wheel will clear the R brakes and you'll just want to change to a 235/40/18 tire. Most folks change to an 8" wheel width from the stock 7.5" width, or you can go wider if you'd like to run more tire width.
I've been trying to read alot online and saw that the 18" are better for durability, but I just brought bran new tyres in Feb and so think I will stick with the 19".

The thing I read that I was worried about was the weight difference between the standard pertoria rims and a pair I buy myself.

What's the benefit of running more tyre width?
Thanks 👱‍♀️

Rwm44

Car(s)
Golf R
Got to be the most subjective thing anyone can ever ask.

Look for something that's flow formed. They are similar in strength to a fully forged wheel for much cheaper. Also, if you don't want to run hub rings, Neuspeed makes all of their wheels to fit the hub with no modification - which is 57.1 mm

Most other wheel companies will require you to run a hub ring. Just something to think about.

My choices would be:

Neuspeed Rse102 or Rse11R
Forgestar F14
Rotiform RSE - These wheels look fucking fantastic on the MK7

https://www.wheelhero.com/blog/get-low-with-this-volkswagen-gti-on-rotiform-wheels/
Appreciate its subjective. But I can only liken it to a man being sent to buy tampons 😂 with no other understanding of size, brand, effectiveness etc 😉 thats how I feel about trying to pick new rims.

Is there a benefit to having or not having hub rings? I just had to Google what they are 🤦🏼‍♀️

Thanks for your choices 👱‍♀️

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Appreciate its subjective. But I can only liken it to a man being sent to buy tampons 😂 with no other understanding of size, brand, effectiveness etc 😉 thats how I feel about trying to pick new rims.

Is there a benefit to having or not having hub rings? I just had to Google what they are 🤦🏼‍♀️

Thanks for your choices 👱‍♀️
Maybe you should start smaller in the modding game..

Luva

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
OP, I think the only search parameter you have given is max cost. It is understandable, since cost is most folks number one when shopping for consumer goods. If cost is the only criteria, then get some stylish wheels that tickle your fancy and don't worry much about the other factors: weight, strength, durability, width, hub fit, offset, cone vs ball hardware, BBK friendly, etc.

Or, you can spend 30 minutes with google and come up with better search parameters. There are lots of folks on this forum have plenty of good experience and knowledge on this subject. But, hard to help when the basic question is similar to, "what's my favorite ice cream flavor?" Help us help you.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
What color car should I get? Manual or DSG? Is my girlfriend a bitch? High THC or high CBD?
5ehpc1.jpg