GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
What’s the general consensus on best summer daily driver tires? Back in the MK6 Vortex days everyone said Falken.

I've been happy with the General GMax RS. They still grip well in cold weather so I can put them on earlier and take them off later. No problems in rain or even light snow if you don't drive like a moron.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Was thinking about getting this Rennline kit but not sure if I should get 35mm or 45mm. I’ve seen both recommended on here. Not running spacers.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Gentlemen

speed per gear on the dq381 (GTI version) please?

also, is every tuner’s dsg tune’s amax mode the freaking same?!

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Understood about 15% of what you just said…

not that I’ll have any answers, but curious what you mean!
Just wondering what top speed is per gear on the 7 speed dsg

amax = allowing the clutches some slip for way faster shifts. Mercedes and Hyundai took this to the next level. Where as a stock tune dsg can only amax after launching using launch control (I think?). So I’m wondering if the third party tuners have ever figured out a more dynamic amax experience.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I'm sure this has probably already been answered somewhere but I couldn't find it.

Outside of front/rear bumpers, headlights, and exhaust are there any other exterior differences between the mk7.5 & 7?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I'm sure this has probably already been answered somewhere but I couldn't find it.

Outside of front/rear bumpers, headlights, and exhaust are there any other exterior differences between the mk7.5 & 7?
Rear tail lights too, maybe?

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn

Fenders as well.