GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS tuning selling open-box returns?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I would think it's rather difficult to arrange a tour for just you at a set time and date. You just talked to an excited employee who has no control over such things.
Partially true. I live about half an hour away and they just dont give tours period. Their shop is very secretive. I took my car as a test mule on two separate occasions and they wouldnt even let me in to see the shop. made me wait in the lobby the whole time.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Partially true. I live about half an hour away and they just dont give tours period. Their shop is very secretive. I took my car as a test mule on two separate occasions and they wouldnt even let me in to see the shop. made me wait in the lobby the whole time.
Very few shops will allow customers into the work areas. For insurance reasons and the customer often gets in the way.

SamFortun

Passed Driver's Ed
I got an email yesterday saying they will be happy to refund even though I had installed the gauge, and received a return shipping label in a separate email, so hopefully this is the end of the fiasco.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I got an email yesterday saying they will be happy to refund even though I had installed the gauge, and received a return shipping label in a separate email, so hopefully this is the end of the fiasco.
Dont worry, they'll sell it to the next guy. They'll probably keep your butt splices on it too

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
I’d have to say the “it’s cool to hate on ECS” is one of the worst things I hate about the VW community.

they literally grew the scene to the point you own a mk7

That and a million other things. ECS has been my favorite shop over 2 GTIs now, no issues. I'm absolutely sure they do screw up though or had a bad employee or two, but who doesn't?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Getting incorrect or messed up orders is just a part of e-commerce. It happens to all companies. Usually I won't judge a company for messing up an order, unless it's something that happens regularly. However, how they handle and correct the mistake, is what they get judged on.

So far, I haven't had any issues with it anything from ECS. All the ECS branded parts I've gotten have been fine, and no issues with any of the non-ECS stuff I've gotten from them.

So far, only vendor I've put on my "Avoid at all costs" list is CariD.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Getting incorrect or messed up orders is just a part of e-commerce. It happens to all companies. Usually I won't judge a company for messing up an order, unless it's something that happens regularly. However, how they handle and correct the mistake, is what they get judged on.

So far, I haven't had any issues with it anything from ECS. All the ECS branded parts I've gotten have been fine, and no issues with any of the non-ECS stuff I've gotten from them.

So far, only vendor I've put on my "Avoid at all costs" list is CariD.
They were the ones that tried sending you down that vw beetle hole right?

I have purchased a significant amount of stuff from them over the last decade. Never have they done me wrong.
Today, I received a new set of Euro Golf R headlamps. A fair amount of money. They have been on top of the order from the time I placed it almost 4 months ago. I can't wait to put them on my Golf R.
Incidentally, the packaging of the headlamps was awesome. More bubble pack and cardboard than I have ever seen before. It looked like a lot of work went into the overpack to make sure that it all arrived safely.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
so much this for anything. We all mess up it's how you deal with it that makes you good/bad

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
They were the ones that tried sending you down that vw beetle hole right?

Yup. Randomly got a refund finally.

Didn't bother trying to sell the 1971 Beetle parts. Just tossed them in the trash.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
You guys in the states just have it made - from the selection to the free shipping, you name it. I still have to drive like 45 mins to some basement shop in some industrial zone like an hour away from civilization to buy a fucking sparkplug. Buying aftermarket parts in Canada feels like buying weed did fifteen years ago. You meet some guy in some back alley and he pulls it out of his underwear while constantly looking over his shoulder.