GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
OK. I bought 20 of them of all different sizes, just in case. You want some?
Since I know you better…lol. Hre,volk,advan, etc aren’t realistic options, esp cause you’re really just bored VS conserned with a specific look and vibe a car with stance and money wheels looks. Haha.

Konigs are some of the best “middle” ground value wheels and they are light.

bronze freeforms or ampliforms looks great if you want that flat face type wheel, or if you like the step lip - dekagrams and hypergrams have a bronze I think.

https://konigwheels.com/wheels/flow-formed-wheels/

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
I was thinking bronze, as it happens.

What's a good, light bronze or silver wheel? Price not a huge concern, though possibly without going nuts?
Go to Tirerack.com ! You can see a bunch a different wheels on your car. You don’t have to get them, but it might help get an idea how different colors mash with spoke design and what have you! Probably spent 2 hours doing that today ahaha

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Test fit the flow one f2 in the 18x9 gunmetal. Will fit over PP/R brakes, but wont fit over a bbk without spacers. I might have just a touch of poke, so might have to do some camber. Looks like I have roughly 1/2" clearance between the strut and the wheel. Definitely On the razor edge of fitment. Now to decide on tires. Going 255/35r18 so need a conservative tire.

Attachments

• 20210522_155921.jpg
    20210522_155921.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 94
  • 20210522_155934.jpg
    20210522_155934.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
  • 20210522_160029.jpg
    20210522_160029.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 98

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
When I was a young lad and got my first cool car, I racked up 1,000 miles in the first four days. Three out of four were rain days, but I didn't care. Going from a Renault Alliance to a Mustang GT will do that to a 20 year old kid.

The day I bought my first new car, a Mk6 Gti 6MT two door in CSG my two best friends road tripped to the beach with me in it straight from the dealership.

Drove it back to Charlotte for more training and had it tuned on Monday with 600 miles on it and did test n tune at Zmax Wednesday after work (on race gas and a 100 octane file) with 700 on the clock.

THATS what owning a Gti is all about. We had an absolute blast in that car, and commuted Youngstown to Philly almost weekly in it treating the PA turnpike like it was the Autobahn. Sure, making what I made then at 20 years old it would’ve stung to blow up the engine, but I wouldn’t trade those memories for any dollar amount looking back.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
The day I bought my first new car, a Mk6 Gti 6MT two door in CSG my two best friends road tripped to the beach with me in it straight from the dealership.

Drove it back to Charlotte for more training and had it tuned on Monday with 600 miles on it and did test n tune at Zmax Wednesday after work (on race gas and a 100 octane file) with 700 on the clock.

THATS what owning a Gti is all about. We had an absolute blast in that car, and commuted Youngstown to Philly almost weekly in it treating the PA turnpike like it was the Autobahn. Sure, making what I made then at 20 years old it would’ve stung to blow up the engine, but I wouldn’t trade those memories for any dollar amount looking back.

That plate 😂

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Test fit the flow one f2 in the 18x9 gunmetal. Will fit over PP/R brakes, but wont fit over a bbk without spacers. I might have just a touch of poke, so might have to do some camber. Looks like I have roughly 1/2" clearance between the strut and the wheel. Definitely On the razor edge of fitment. Now to decide on tires. Going 255/35r18 so need a conservative tire.
I’m so happy to hear this. Son 2 is getting red R calipers from dad for Christmas :cool:
also, I dropped him off at A2B to pick up the GTI a week ago (turned up the UM after clutch break in) and we had a fun 25 minute run home. I forgot my phone but the fitment from rear 3/4 view at speed is so awesome. Killing me i can’t post up a pic. Make sure you follow your car after install, it’s tits.

Last edited: