GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
It's going to start sagging in the corner where the turbo is within a few months, especially in the SFL heat..... I had mine replaced and it sagged exactly like the original one within months... I am about to throw it away all together.
Mine has yet to sag after 4 years. CFL heat. Is there something with the mounting that’s different on 7.5s?

Jgilber0

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
‘21 GTI S 6MT
It's going to start sagging in the corner where the turbo is within a few months, especially in the SFL heat..... I had mine replaced and it sagged exactly like the original one within months... I am about to throw it away all together.
That will make me sad ☹️

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
That will make me sad ☹️

Well maybe you have better luck :( I cant figure out why mine started sagging so fast, it sagged exactly the same as the original one that was already sagging when i bought the car... I figured it would eventually start sagging but didn't think it would be a matter of months...

So I am assuming its the heat in FL?

Jgilber0

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
‘21 GTI S 6MT
Well maybe you have better luck :( I cant figure out why mine started sagging so fast, it sagged exactly the same as the original one that was already sagging when i bought the car... I figured it would eventually start sagging but didn't think it would be a matter of months...

So I am assuming its the heat in FL?
Perhaps your engine or turbo are running hotter than normal for some reason. It may help to place some carpet (or other double stick) tape between the insulation and the sheet metal or add heat shielding foil on the outside of the pad. It would be interesting to see if anyone else is having this issue too.

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Made several trips to work on my moms new house, just over 80 miles round trip each day plus Lowe’s runs so plenty of fun backroad miles on the GTI & GLI this weekend (suburban went too).

Felt good to play contractor and help her out, but I’m ready to get back to building car parts next week.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
It’s just a Golf, guys....
3C8DDE3C-96E0-4F52-8F17-B8C79CFFA944.jpeg