GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Half-finished my new floor. Just need to hinge it at the seam and figure out how I’m going to run the lines under the floor. Probably a 90 degree elbow on both ends of the tank then a line to a bulkhead through the floor.
EA6F3745-5BCD-493B-8AE3-60F562E93ED1.jpeg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I accidently got some dude in a mk4 a ticket. He'd been following me through single lane traffic and the road was about to open up to 2 lanes each direction, divided, and Waze says cop ahead. As the lane opens, he guns it and I flash my lights at him. He thinks I want race and slows to come aside. I point up ahead and mouth cop, but he thinks I'm counting down or something and takes off. Seconds later flashing lights.

Lol, I tried. Who drives fast and still doesn't use waze?

Lightning hit 30 yards away from the car on my way home.

Eventful commute.

Last edited:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I accidently got some dude in a mk4 a ticket. He'd been following me through single lane traffic and the road was about to open up to 2 lanes each direction, divided, and Waze says cop ahead. As the lane opens, he guns it and I flash my lights at him. He thinks I want race and slows to come aside. I point up ahead and mouth cop, but he thinks I'm counting down or something and takes off. Seconds later flashing lights.

Lol, I tried. Who drives fast andstill doesn't use waze?

Lighting hit 30 yards away from the car on my way home.

Eventful commute.
At least u tried

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
At least u tried

What sucks is a year ago I could have gotten the guy out of the ticket. A friend of mines husband used to patrol that stretch and I'd blast through there and wave to him. She'd come to work and tell me he told me to slow down or he'd show me what his Charger could do. Poor guy, moved departments and has to drive an SUV now.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Saturday I stopped by a place where everybody knew my name and on Sunday I ventured down to Rhode Island. My GSW 4Motion has now been to 17 states!
View attachment 213343
View attachment 213344
This weekend should be even more fun! I'm registered for a thing on Thursday night, Friday night I'll be at the drag strip, depending on the weather I'll be climbing Mount Washington Saturday morning, and Sunday morning I'm hoping to catch a sunrise at Acadia National Park.

(I'm on standby for the advanced group, but they will allow me to run with the intermediate group if there isn't enough space!)

That's awesome. Living the dream.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
I put gas today, heard there’s a possible outage.

This fill up was different. Pump didn’t have the thing to hold the clip, so I had to hold it to fill up. Just imagine an outage of gas that’s serious. What y’all doing?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The more people talk about it the worse it will get. The entire pipeline wasn't shut down. Some parts are open and they expect it back in service by the end of the week. The media has talked it into a shortage by creating panic. It's likely there would have been spot outages but it wouldn't have become this bad had the media not sensationalized it. But that’s what the media does these days.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I've seen Pics of idiots with an entire truck bed full of 5 gallon jugs they're filling up. I hope stations institute like a single tank fill up rule if things continue. It's like the Covid buttwipe paper thing all over again.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I've seen Pics of idiots with an entire truck bed full of 5 gallon jugs they're filling up. I hope stations institute like a single tank fill up rule if things continue. It's like the Covid buttwipe paper thing all over again.
I put the kiddie pool in the back of the truck and filled up earlier.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
The more people talk about it the worse it will get. The entire pipeline wasn't shut down. Some parts are open and they expect it back in service by the end of the week. The media has talked it into a shortage by creating panic. It's likely there would have been spot outages but it wouldn't have become this bad had the media not sensationalized it. But that’s what the media does these days.
I heard that some places instituted a 20 - 30$ limit

Lth0ms0n

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2013 Golf GTD
Loving the powder coating of your nogaro wheels. What colour are those? I need to get my nogaro's done. Kerbed the sh*t out of them 😬😂
Mine were a mess as well - this is just one of them!

1620812726425.png

They've been done with black metallic, so they're black but it's not too "severe" if you know what I mean. I was worried about this - customising a car isn't something I'd do personally but they coudn't be diamond cut again because they were ruined!

1620813064125.jpeg

I'm going to get VW mud flaps for it at the end of the month, I think. I'm also considering changing out the mirror caps, too - I feel like the car needs something else black on the side to bring out the colour a bit more and make it less contrasting/out of place:

What do you reckon - solid black or metallic, to match the wheels?

Attachments

• 1620812844651.png
    1620812844651.png
    7.6 MB · Views: 93
  • 1620813062531.png
    1620813062531.png
    7.6 MB · Views: 99

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit

View attachment 213353

They've been done with black metallic, so they're black but it's not too "severe" if you know what I mean. I was worried about this - customising a car isn't something I'd do personally but they coudn't be diamond cut again because they were ruined!

View attachment 213355

I'm going to get VW mud flaps for it at the end of the month, I think. I'm also considering changing out the mirror caps, too - I feel like the car needs something else black on the side to bring out the colour a bit more and make it less contrasting/out of place:

Don't forget to buy some curb feelers!

feelers.jpg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

View attachment 213353

View attachment 213355

That first pic is child abuse.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT

View attachment 213353

View attachment 213355

I’d say black since it’ll go with the trim, grille, etc. Those Nogaros look great though, nice work.