GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

BlackT5

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Is it possible to update a staged tune for HPFP or do we need to purchase a whole new staged tune? Want to do stage one 91 stock pump now then update the pump and do e85 at a later date but not have to repurchase stage one 91.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Is it possible to update a staged tune for HPFP or do we need to purchase a whole new staged tune? Want to do stage one 91 stock pump now then update the pump and do e85 at a later date but not have to repurchase stage one 91.
You can update it later, there is a "change" option, costs $75.

wrongwheeldrive23

Go Kart Champion
So I read a few posts back your e85 tunes are now available. If I’m already running the eqt e30 tune, the only real benefit, is the convence, of not mixing fuels??

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
So I read a few posts back your e85 tunes are now available. If I’m already running the eqt e30 tune, the only real benefit, is the convence, of not mixing fuels??
Yes but there will also be less timing pull with higher IAT's.

-- Ed

hyddro

Car(s)
GTI 2019 SE 6MT
I haven’t received my tune file yet, I removed the burbles and added traction control. I paid on the 17th and have yet to hear back :( does it typically take this long?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I don't understand why people keep asking how long they should wait. I would just email EQT a couple of days after making the purchase (unless bought over a weekend). I definitely wouldn't wait ten days.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Or imagine picking up the phone to call? Calling people has become like the secret weapon to getting shit done these days; very few do it.

For some people, more so the ones that don't call, it's too much effort and is too confrontational so they rather come in here and complain about it.

hyddro

Car(s)
GTI 2019 SE 6MT
I don't understand why people keep asking how long they should wait. I would just email EQT a couple of days after making the purchase (unless bought over a weekend). I definitely wouldn't wait ten days.

For some people, more so the ones that don't call, it's too much effort and is too confrontational so they rather come in here and complain about it.
Relax, I’m not complaining. I’m not familiar with this process so wanted to get an idea before I call/email and sound too inpatient.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
To be honest, they are right...

EQT is a little backed up.. I bought an AP and Protune last Monday.... sent an email on Tuesday with some questions... they actually shipped my AP on that very Tuesday too..
But never answered my email.... I called them THU and FRI, left a voicemail and didn't get a call back... I even wrote to them in Facebook....

Finally I got an answer on Friday... they are a bit overwhelmed... its ok, I'm in no hurry

They did warn me when they responded on Friday:

1619558246784.png