GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI is gone and the replacement is here

I use waze everywhere. Went from 1 to 2 speeding tickets a year to none the last 2 years.

It isn't perfect and doesn't mean you can drive like a tool, but it's been awesome for me.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Tbh i'd drive around Detroit with 19s. Yea the roads are fairly bad but after awhile you really learn the bad areas and know which lanes to be in

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
We need a pic of the 2 together. I love them both.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Lots of huge and quick changes in the past couple of weeks. Both, Durango & GTI Rabbit are gone and a minivan has replaced both vehicles. With work from home, there wasn't a need for a second vehicle and crazy used car market added fuel to the fire.

Current plan is to step into the next level with something really exciting in a couple of years. Until then, this minivan will serve the purpose.

This has been one of the best forums i have ever been a part of and i will be hanging around here. Not to say the least, both MK7 GTIs would be one of my favorite vehicles i have ever owned.

One last picture before i sold them.

Attachments

• 842CF467-E8EA-44CB-8224-C84D9D1CAF41.jpeg
    842CF467-E8EA-44CB-8224-C84D9D1CAF41.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 137
Last edited:

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Minivan? Gimme that 94 Toyota Previa

Its no match for a MK7 but not terrible as i anticipated.

I'm happy that you're still planning on hanging out here. Somebody got some good cars.

I will hang out with this great community as much as i can!

It was a great pair for the price range. Both were in a great shape as i was planning to keep them for a very long time. Hopefully the sacrifice for a couple of years pays off for something really fun and interesting.

cb1111

Its no match for a MK7 but not terrible as i anticipated.

I will hang out with this great community as much as i can!

It was a great pair for the price range. Both were in a great shape as i was planning to keep them for a very long time. Hopefully the sacrifice for a couple of years pays off for something really fun and interesting.
I see a 10 year old Prius in your future as your "exciting" car.....

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
I don't see how anyone can hate on Dodge just as much as you wouldn't imagine anyone could hate on VW. Dodge and VW are similar in many ways. Both have annoying various problems with their cars but have their rabid fanbase that don't give a sh!t. Their car can be falling to pieces and they'll still tell you how great of a car it is or the brand. I know, because I have a buddy like this. Dude is hardcore VW only. His r32 has been in the shop for 2 weeks now and all he talks about are VWs and how great they are. Convinced his (then) girlfriend (now wife) to buy a VW (2019) Tiguan which I believe had one of the worst SUV ratings for that year.

Get whatever you like man. You only have 1 life to live and if you live off other people's opinions, you'll miss out on a lot of great things.

Not sure if anyone here watches TallGuyCarReview youtube vids (he's hilarious), but the man has a McClaren, Lambo, and Hellcat. Guess which one he considers the most fun to drive because of how raw and crazy it is? Yup, the Hellcat. Nevermind the problems he's had with it, he still considers it a blast. If you stick to 1 car brand, you'll miss out on a lot of what else is out there.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I don't see how anyone can hate on Dodge just as much as you wouldn't imagine anyone could hate on VW. Dodge and VW are similar in many ways. Both have annoying various problems with their cars but have their rabid fanbase that don't give a sh!t. Their car can be falling to pieces and they'll still tell you how great of a car it is or the brand. I know, because I have a buddy like this. Dude is hardcore VW only. His r32 has been in the shop for 2 weeks now and all he talks about are VWs and how great they are. Convinced his (then) girlfriend (now wife) to buy a VW (2019) Tiguan which I believe had one of the worst SUV ratings for that year.

Get whatever you like man. You only have 1 life to live and if you live off other people's opinions, you'll miss out on a lot of great things.

Not sure if anyone here watches TallGuyCarReview youtube vids (he's hilarious), but the man has a McClaren, Lambo, and Hellcat. Guess which one he considers the most fun to drive because of how raw and crazy it is? Yup, the Hellcat. Nevermind the problems he's had with it, he still considers it a blast. If you stick to 1 car brand, you'll miss out on a lot of what else is out there.

I have few colleagues who wouldnt even consider anything outside a particular brand. Most of my vehicles have been VAG ones so far and its always nice to explore different brands. I haven't had any of my vehicles for a very long time and didnt not experience anything bitter with VW / Dodge vehicles, touchwood.

cb1111

I have few colleagues who wouldnt even consider anything outside a particular brand. Most of my vehicles have been VAG ones so far and its always nice to explore different brands. I haven't had any of my vehicles for a very long time and didnt not experience anything bitter with VW / Dodge vehicles, touchwood.
Aside from my Acura, my Audi S6 was the most reliable car I've ever had. I also put a boatload of miles on the office Grand Caravan with no issues. I hated the Grand Caravan but it was reliable. I also spent some time in a Pacifica and it wasn't bad at all.