GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI is gone and the replacement is here

Mels15GTI

Ready to race!
That's one of the few cars I would consider selling my car (same mods) for. How's the difference in power?
From a roll, kind of similar with a slight edge to the challenger, from a dig it’s all challenger. The v8 rumble, naturally burbling exhaust note, and looking down the scooped and vented hood is just a whole different ride, I miss the handling capability of the GTI though, but no regrets on the switch.
32C91C33-17D7-453F-A07E-DBD0EA633673.jpeg

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
That's one of the few cars I would consider selling my car (same mods) for. How's the difference in power?
That's what I'm thinking about.
I'm on my 3rd Scat Pack Charger now, and I love the power & the sweet V8 noises it makes and it's (decently) loaded too. It's not a bad driver either, but poor MPG's obviously. It's a nice car.

I miss having a VW though and want to get into an Arteon now....I'm just wondering if I'll have instant regret by giving up the power...though a tune can fix that, I've heard the auto slush box is the let down.
It's better looking, fully loaded, newer tech, insurance is cheaper and would get better MPG's.

Zodiac

Passed Driver's Ed
That's what I'm thinking about.
I'm on my 3rd Scat Pack Charger now, and I love the power & the sweet V8 noises it makes and it's (decently) loaded too. It's not a bad driver either, but poor MPG's obviously. It's a nice car.

I miss having a VW though and want to get into an Arteon now....I'm just wondering if I'll have instant regret by giving up the power...though a tune can fix that, I've heard the auto slush box is the let down.
It's better looking, fully loaded, newer tech, insurance is cheaper and would get better MPG's.

Yes. You'll have instant regret.

I went from 2017 Charger Scat Pack to my 2019 GTI. While I enjoy the GTI and I did it for the right reason, I still haven't gotten over that regret. It's paid off now and my son wants it when he turns 16, so I'll run it as my DD for the next 4 or 5 years and see what I can do then.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Carvana has listed my GTI for sale, if anyone is interested - https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1779260.

Imperfection 1: There was a rock chip in the hood. I did not perform a repair and not sure if they had additional scratches or damage after picking up the vehicle. This might be the reason they listed the vehicle 3 weeks after picking it up.
Imperfection 2: It came from a shopping cart even though the vehicle was parking far away from others.
Imperfection 3: It didnt exist when i had the vehicle.

cb1111

Carvana has listed my GTI for sale, if anyone is interested - https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1779260.

Imperfection 1: There was a rock chip in the hood. I did not perform a repair and not sure if they had additional scratches or damage after picking up the vehicle. This might be the reason they listed the vehicle 3 weeks after picking it up.
Imperfection 2: It came from a shopping cart even though the vehicle was parking far away from others.
Imperfection 3: It didnt exist when i had the vehicle.
Somebody is getting a great car, but WTH did they do with that picture? I assume that the chip is the white spot, but wat is that other stuff?

1619743541501.png

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Yes. You'll have instant regret.

I went from 2017 Charger Scat Pack to my 2019 GTI. While I enjoy the GTI and I did it for the right reason, I still haven't gotten over that regret. It's paid off now and my son wants it when he turns 16, so I'll run it as my DD for the next 4 or 5 years and see what I can do then.
Ehh...most likely you're right.
BUT the Arteon is way nicer & has more tech.
And, more importantly, for me....I needed more room in the back for the kids, which I think it'll fix.

I agree the Scat Pack is a fun car, but it's not like I'm out racing it or anything and/or driving it much anyways. (1,300 miles on it in 6 months0

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Yeah thats a wierd one! The more you zoom in, the more questions you have.
Looks like dried auto car wash residue they just let dry on the car from a hurry-up detail
I agree the Scat Pack is a fun car, but it's not like I'm out racing it or anything and/or driving it much anyways. (1,300 miles on it in 6 months0
What color is it? Right color might go with my decor ;).

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I think it is a sign of the times that a dealer doesn't even need to bother with spending a few minutes cleaning a car up or removing plastic seat protectors before taking pictures. Two minutes with a bottle of Aerospace 303 would have made those marks disappear entirely.

and it would have taken a split second to remove the plastic for the photo

Dealer has moved the vehicle to a different facility and updated the listing with better pictures after cleaning it up. Price has also gone up by $2k from the previous listing.

Last edited:

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
A quick update on my second MK7's replacement.

Early summer, i thought a found a perfect replacement for my 2019 Rabbit's replacement: a 2021 BMW M2c - compact, raw and one of the last DCTs from the brand. People were scrambling to get allocations as F87 was towards the end of its lifecycle and production ended in June of this year. After quite a bit of search, i was able to find an allocation with a dealer in the mid west which was still modifiable. Considering some dealers were having markups on MSRP in the current market, my dealer offered a little discount off MSRP and thats was a great number. Build was scheduled in June and i was suppose to take delivery in July. In the meantime, i test drove one and found that too be too small for our liking and needs. I eventually ended up transferring my allocation to a fellow BMW forum member.

Guess i am going to wait for some more time to add another fun vehicle to the garage.

sstarrx2

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI S DSG
A quick update on my second MK7's replacement.

Early summer, i thought a found a perfect replacement for my 2019 Rabbit's replacement: a 2021 BMW M2c - compact, raw and one of the last DCTs from the brand. People were scrambling to get allocations as F87 was towards the end of its lifecycle and production ended in June of this year. After quite a bit of search, i was able to find an allocation with a dealer in the mid west which was still modifiable. Considering some dealers were having markups on MSRP in the current market, my dealer offered a little discount off MSRP and thats was a great number. Build was scheduled in June and i was suppose to take delivery in July. In the meantime, i test drove one and found that too be too small for our liking and needs. I eventually ended up transferring my allocation to a fellow BMW forum member.

Guess i am going to wait for some more time to add another fun vehicle to the garage.
Yeah, I used to own a 2 Series myself and they are a little cramped. Back seat leg room was awful and my teenagers hated trying to get in and out of that back seat. Of course I did not have the M2 or a DCT, so different car really. I do remember the turbo lag with my 2 series though, something I don't feel in my GTI.