GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI is gone and the replacement is here

cb1111

You should have given us advance notice. It would have been good to meet up.

You bought a manual of course so that you ca be part of the stall party....

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon

Yeah, I would have come if y'all did Cap City Brewing. Warm pretzels and stone ground mustard, mmmmmm.

Oh, and welcome back :).

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
It's cool that you take your little kid on road trips. Enjoy the Rabbit.

I think he should get used to it as he will be travelling a lot :)

Still have the Durango? If so, hows it doing for y'all?

Yeah, Durango is still a part of the garage. Its doing great and will be used for family trips.

Nice! Welcome back!

Thank you.

You bought a manual of course so that you ca be part of the stall party....

We landed by friday night and hit the road by saturday noon right after taking delivery. I will ping you the next time when i am there and we should definitely catch up.

I got a DSG and i think i am good :)

4MoJoe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf Alltrack S
How the hell did you manage $6,700 off the sticker? The 2019 Blue RB I found - the dealer will not budge off MSRP and is insisting on the $2k of add-ons be purchased (tint, 3rd brakelight flasher, paint protection, etc..)

Congrats - awesome car.

Finally, i am happy to be "officially" back with another GTI. I didnt want to create another new buyer thread, so just reviving my old discussion.

Latest addition to my garage is 2019 GTI Rabbit. I finalized this deal early this month and took delivery over the weekend from one of the dealers in DC area.

Initially i was planning to get the last MK7.5 MY GTI sold in US (probably MY20) but i sealed the deal this month because of the following reasons.
- VW is ending People's warranty by MY19.
- Dealer offered $6700 off sticker.
- Cloth seats will only be available in the base trim for MY20 and i didn want the base trim.
- Rabbit trim offers most features i want and i prefer a vehicle with less tech in it.
- Didn want to spend more on a MY20 SE.

I have bought most of my vehicles from DC area dealers and we always get a good road trip while taking delivery of our vehicles. We prefer driving through the inner roads as much as we can and this trip was very special as its the first proper road trip with our 7 month old baby.

cb1111

How the hell did you manage $6,700 off the sticker? The 2019 Blue RB I found - the dealer will not budge off MSRP and is insisting on the $2k of add-ons be purchased (tint, 3rd brakelight flasher, paint protection, etc..)

Congrats - awesome car.
You may want to remind the dealer that it is illegal for a dealership to install a device that is in violation of the Federal Motor Vehicle Standards - in this case 108 - and they are subject to fines and their license to repair motor vehicles revoked.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Latest addition to my garage is 2019 GTI Rabbit.

Congrats on getting back into another GTI!

We prefer driving through the inner roads as much as we can and this trip was very special as its the first proper road trip with our 7 month old baby.

:eek: Brave man

Actually, 7 months is easier than 7 years as you don't get the constant barrage of 'are we there yet', 'i have to go potty', 'i'm hungry', 'i dropped my ____'.

Enjoy your new car

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

Congrats - awesome car.

Thank you. I think you can easily get $5k off (without including PP discount) with most dealers in DC area for a Rabbit.

In general, i had a great experience with my dealership. Infact, they didn have a vehicle of my preference in stock and they had to do a dealer swap. My sales person is a great guy and I am buying my second GTI from him. I have also have referred several people to him. Not sure if all this helps.

Now that Peoples warranty cancellation news is out and also Rabbit inventory is dwindling down, I am not sure what kinda deals are around.

Congrats on getting back into another GTI!

:eek: Brave man

Actually, 7 months is easier than 7 years as you don't get the constant barrage of 'are we there yet', 'i have to go potty', 'i'm hungry', 'i dropped my ____'.

Enjoy your new car

Thank you :)

Yeah, like you say, we can easily manage a 7 month old than grown up kids. He was fine most of the time and we stopped everytime when he was little uncomfortable.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
You may want to remind the dealer that it is illegal for a dealership to install a device that is in violation of the Federal Motor Vehicle Standards - in this case 108 - and they are subject to fines and their license to repair motor vehicles revoked.

Please. Just. No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son rode in the back of my Corrado from birth to 7 years old. A 4 door GTI is a station wagon in comparison. Your child will be fine, though I may have stunted my son's growth

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Some pictures from the weekend.