GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Did another inspection of my work and then gave the swapped IS38 some moderately good beans on my favorite stretch of freeway this morning.

On 91 tune, it seems to have the same initial power as the Is20 e30 tune. Except that it keeps going. At low speed, no real difference.

It does seem like the noise after 3500rpm is different. Lower and more throaty maybe? Seems like a more pleasant sound. Placebo?

Will update again after I get the e48 map on.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Did another inspection of my work and then gave the swapped IS38 some moderately good beans on my favorite stretch of freeway this morning.

On 91 tune, it seems to have the same initial power as the Is20 e30 tune. Except that it keeps going. At low speed, no real difference.

It does seem like the noise after 3500rpm is different. Lower and more throaty maybe? Seems like a more pleasant sound. Placebo?

Larger exhaust housing will change the tone, my ported v2 sounds hollow compared to the is38.

CozB

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GT MK7 TSI
The SI stands out too much. Reminds me of CIvic Si
I have never noticed that before now, it is very similar.

Didnt want to fully de-badge as I feel it’s a wee bit “boy racer” (and it always attracts the idiots who like a race).

Also, there was no danger I was going down the GT badge route on a car which is effectively the Highline spec on the continent.

To me it looked too heavy on one side with the TSI and bluemotion badge👍

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP

Happy thus far?

I fixed my rattle that appeared after my intercooler install. I got paranoid that it was something I did wrong. Turns out it was the base of the IE intake vibrating against the rad support upon startup and low throttle. So I just double side taped it. So glad it wasn’t anything to do with the inter cooler.

bassface2112

Car(s)
2016 GTI S
Had my '16 S for like a year and a half now so I'm finally gonna start doing some things to it, started out simple today with removing the clutch assist spring and installing a clutch stop. Just ordered the Helix soundbox so that's up next, then it's the tint I think, really looking forward to having a nicer sound system going in my baby haha

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Had my '16 S for like a year and a half now so I'm finally gonna start doing some things to it, started out simple today with removing the clutch assist spring and installing a clutch stop. Just ordered the Helix soundbox so that's up next, then it's the tint I think, really looking forward to having a nicer sound system going in my baby haha

oh man, I’m excited for you lol. Such a game changer. Make sure you get it coded properly!

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I have never noticed that before now, it is very similar.

Didnt want to fully de-badge as I feel it’s a wee bit “boy racer” (and it always attracts the idiots who like a race).

Also, there was no danger I was going down the GT badge route on a car which is effectively the Highline spec on the continent.

To me it looked too heavy on one side with the TSI and bluemotion badge👍

What GT badge??...On the Mk7 Golf there is no GT badging (unlike the Mk6)......

I went for the factory "no badge" option anyway....so mines totally badge less (except the VW) front, back & nothing on the front wings either...

Confuses the feck out of people when I go flying past....plus it looks inconspicuous in the parking lot....

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
Switched to summer wheels plus some swift clean, changed air and cabin Mann filters, put some lithium grease to prevent front control arms squeak. Happy Easter!

1.jpg

bassface2112

Car(s)
2016 GTI S
oh man, I’m excited for you lol. Such a game changer. Make sure you get it coded properly!
I was actually gonna ask around here how to go about doing that, most of the guides posted have dead links for the dongle programming, I understand i'll probably need to get it through the rental thread here, but what's the process for actually doing it? I have a 2 door and I've heard its different for each of the body styles. Any help is appreciated.

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
Yep Kurkuma yellow (Gelb in domestic market).