GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Does the clacking increase with speed. If it goes up and down with speed it's got to be the rotors hitting something,.
I found that when I torqued my wheels they forced the rotors back just enough to lose clearance
It does increase with speed. At first I thought it was the tire stickers I didn't fully remove, but the sound didn't go away and sounds more metallic than anything.

I think your second statement is probably spot on. With only the tiny rotor bolt holding the rotor on, there was enough clearance but once I put the wheels on it probably pushed them back just a bit. Either way I'll take the wheels back off to bleed everything again and check.

TheMuffinMan

Go Kart Newbie
03 ABS Brakes module > Security Code 25757 > Straight ahead brake stabilization > Activated to Not Activated

03 ABS Brakes module > Security Code 11966 > Hydraulic brake assistant > Normal to Not Activated

03 ABS Brakes module > Security Code 25004 > Brake boost > 4 to 2

Look right?

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
03 ABS Brakes module > Security Code 25757 > Straight ahead brake stabilization > Activated to Not Activated

03 ABS Brakes module > Security Code 11966 > Hydraulic brake assistant > Normal to Not Activated

03 ABS Brakes module > Security Code 25004 > Brake boost > 4 to 2

Look right?

That's what I did, can't tell you if it helped or not yet.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I rebled the brakes today. I got a lot more air to come out and went through about a liter of brake fluid (thank god for that power bleeder). The pedal feels much better now but still softer than stock. The interesting thing is it feels like they're also grabbier, so it takes much less effort due to the softer pedal (but increased travel). I'm not sure if that makes sense given how much the piston sizes (and number of pistons) has changed. Either way, I will keep an eye on the fluid level but I'm pretty happy with how it feels for a street car and will likely just leave it as is.

Also, would I need to bleed the clutch after doing all this work given the brakes and clutch share the MC? The MC never went dry so I wouldn't think it's an issue and the clutch feels fine (maybe a little lighter than I remember but honestly I'm being hyper sensitive to everything in the car right now).

The rubbing noise was the passenger side heat shield. I just bent that out a little and it's all good now. :)

John1234

Car(s)
Audi S3

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Went to swap pads/rotors today but had a lot more life left than I thought so decided to leave them on for another track day. Dust seals look good. Pad wear was very slightly uneven. This is after 7 track days and about 5k miles.
I = inside, O = outside
C2415AD6-A283-42DF-AE64-EB3BC8BAC58B.jpeg
3905DD1E-A398-4031-99CB-739C0AFFB848.jpeg
925575C6-F601-497E-8BDC-78896E9D4727.jpeg

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
I had also ordered the wrong ones, after it was all said and done with restocking and shipping I got back about half of what I paid