GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mods you're wasting money on...

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
FACT CHECKER: “I like to troll and add nothing to these forums, so I nitpick things people who are helpful say to make myself feel better”

There’s no scientific data on how many forum members have intakes, lighten up a little.
Why so triggered? 99% was a ridiculous claim, I pointed it out with a gif - not an attack on the poster. Chill out, take it down a thousand.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I have an aftermarket intake, as do 99% of people here.

Don’t mistake this thread as telling you not to buy the items listed, but rather to prioritize funds for more worth while mods first for best results.

Jeffs tests can be a useful shopping tool, so don’t hesitate to use them. With that said have you upgraded you intercooler yet? If not, that should absolutely be a priority over anything intake related (if getting the most for your money is the goal).
I am the 1%

Just never bit and did it. Took out the snow guard and that's all I'll ever do.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
the military is NOT lucrative. Compared to the damage your body and mind tend to endure, the compensation is underwhelming.
There's some truth to that I guess....all depends on point of view. No other profession allows you to serve 20, guarantee retirement pay at a guaranteed pay rate WITH healthcare either though, so lucrative on grand scale maybe. Compensation is subjective too.....payment for me going to airborne school was getting to jump out of airplanes. LOVED it. I didn't care about salary.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but you could say the same thing about a "mechanic"...I know mechanics that make hourly and 6 figures and it damages the body too.

I think you pointed out that I should have used a different term other than lucrative. It infers any military job is lucrative....and it is most certainly not!

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
There's some truth to that I guess....all depends on point of view. No other profession allows you to serve 20, guarantee retirement pay at a guaranteed pay rate WITH healthcare either though, so lucrative on grand scale maybe. Compensation is subjective too.....payment for me going to airborne school was getting to jump out of airplanes. LOVED it. I didn't care about salary.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but you could say the same thing about a "mechanic"...I know mechanics that make hourly and 6 figures and it damages the body too.

I think you pointed out that I should have used a different term other than lucrative. It infers any military job is lucrative....and it is most certainly not!
the retirement is half of base pay and the medical sucks, but I guess it's free so you have that going for you. The retirement changed anyway, it's more like a 401K now, it's based on what you put in, so even less utilizable capital on a regular basis.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yeah I don’t mind stock, I just want turbo whoosh. Going for APR Open intake some time this year
If you want swoosh cheap just get a DV spacer. I have one because it was free and it makes the whoosh sound louder than an intake.