GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

People with jb1/4 and manual transmission

railroader

Autocross Newbie
ITT: a bag of dicks

I am untuned waiting to snipe a jb1/4. Upgraded smfw clutch. Getting tires next then JB.

I love my shifter mods. I think you really are going to want to mod your transmission to be nicer. It's sooo smooth that I find it vague and don't get enough response that I'm in gear or not.

I added metal shift bushings, removed my bleeder valve delay, a clutch stop to get rid of the dead zone at the bottom of the pedal and installed the 034 dogbone insert. Now, shifting is clear although long, the clutch engages the moment I expect it to, the clutch disengages the moment I expect it to, and downshifts are solid, fast and land exactly where I want it to.

Cheers!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Hoping my jb4 shows up tomorrow, I have a DP, turbo inlet pipe, throttle pipe, air box mods with AFE drop in, bleeder mod and spring removal, 034 dog bone, 034 bushings set, spulen short shifter front/back and side/side and it shifts so much better.

Ezyrider

Ready to race!
Great topic! I will be looking at a JB tune as well , on my 2017 GTI PP 6 MT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Great topic! I will be looking at a JB tune as well , on my 2017 GTI PP 6 MT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Once I start getting logs and gathering information from other threads I will be updating this thread. Just going to take some time

tgodon13

Ready to race!
Whats up everyone I just ordered a jb4 unit and data cable last night and I have been going through all the threads but what I am looking to do is try and get all the people with a jb1/4 and a manual transmission together and share there mods and settings that they are running there car and jb1/4 unit. Have you had any issues with clutch slippage or anything. I'm just looking to get information for manual driver's in one place.

Thanks

I've had my JB1 in place since about 4000 miles, now have 20,000. I have experienced clutch slip pretty much since installing the JB1. I don't think my wife would be too happy if I told her I have to spend $1000+ to do a clutch on a car that has that low of mileage on it. She knows my history of getting over 200k on a clutch, even on vehicles I have towed trailers with. So rather than go through that conflict, I have modified my MAP6 to not have a large amount of extra boost until it gets to 4000 RPM. Plus I have learned to drive around the slip...in other words, no full throttle acceleration below 4000 RPM in 3rd-6th gears.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I've had my JB1 in place since about 4000 miles, now have 20,000. I have experienced clutch slip pretty much since installing the JB1. I don't think my wife would be too happy if I told her I have to spend $1000+ to do a clutch on a car that has that low of mileage on it. She knows my history of getting over 200k on a clutch, even on vehicles I have towed trailers with. So rather than go through that conflict, I have modified my MAP6 to not have a large amount of extra boost until it gets to 4000 RPM. Plus I have learned to drive around the slip...in other words, no full throttle acceleration below 4000 RPM in 3rd-6th gears.
I plan on doing map6 when mine comes In today. What are your settings.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Her is my first log.
Preset map6
Don't look to good to me plus it's hard to get a good 3rd gear pull around here.

Looks it it pulled some timing on me

gameaud

Ready to race!
Her is my first log.
Preset map6
Don't look to good to me plus it's hard to get a good 3rd gear pull around here.

How do you like it so far? Is it noticeable on map 6? If so what rpm can you really feel the extra boost kicking in?

Will prob install tomorrow myself

railroader

Autocross Newbie
How do you like it so far? Is it noticeable on map 6? If so what rpm can you really feel the extra boost kicking in?

Will prob install tomorrow myself
I like it. It is noticeable all the way through but I have only don't a wot pull in second like twice and and in 3rd I ease the throttle till 3500-4000 in fear of the clutch, but the 3rd gear pull after 3500 was good and hit just over 100mph faster than before.

Joel

Ready to race!
Any thoughts on what clutch you will go with when need be?

I am planning on installing the JB4 this weekend.
Figured I can put it to map 4 for M-F commute to save on clutch and switch it up on the weekend or rare occasion I go out during the week if I want to play.

railroader

Autocross Newbie

Figured I can put it to map 4 for M-F commute to save on clutch and switch it up on the weekend or rare occasion I go out during the week if I want to play.
I'm gonna go with a South bend stage 2 or 3 daily probably stage 3

AERO

Go Kart Newbie

Whats map 4?

railroader

Autocross Newbie

mturner1578

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 MK7 GTI 4Dr
Map 4 is a pass through with logging ability.

What does this mean? Sorry I know this thread is old so you may not be on here.. but trying to figure out what Map 4 is

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
What does this mean? Sorry I know this thread is old so you may not be on here.. but trying to figure out what Map 4 is
It’s a completely void comment now.... that was on a firmware from a few years ago.

Use the active jb4 threads for preset map information.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I don’t think that is applicable with the newer firmwares. The pass through map with logging is map 0 and map 4 is a map specifically for 7 speed AWD VAG cars in the newer firmware releases.