GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Pickleahoy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Ed,

Do you guys offer an option for both a 91 and 93 OTS map for us in hot weathers? I would like to get the unit with STG 2 map 93 octane since I'm in FL and good gas is easy to find, but I am wondering if you recommend to go easier during summer with a lower octane OTS tune. If in your experience it ain't necessary to consider, I would appreciate the insight.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Ed,

Do you guys offer an option for both a 91 and 93 OTS map for us in hot weathers? I would like to get the unit with STG 2 map 93 octane since I'm in FL and good gas is easy to find, but I am wondering if you recommend to go easier during summer with a lower octane OTS tune. If in your experience it ain't necessary to consider, I would appreciate the insight.

Your best bet is to email EQT directly or ask them on Facebook. Ed doesn't spend much time in our forum.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Very quick order/receive process on the tune I ordered. I think it was less than 3 hours to get my new file. Probably more aggressive of a tune than I really need/want but that's how it goes.

But here's a very big, thumbs down (n) on using facebook for your user/info platform.

beat

Car(s)
GTI 2018
Hey all, I am planning to go with EQT and read somewhere that Facebook account is somehow required, is that true?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Hey all, I am planning to go with EQT and read somewhere that Facebook account is somehow required, is that true?

Absolutely not required, but you are missing out of a lot of information if you don't have one.

beat

Car(s)
GTI 2018
Cool thank you.

One last question, I have ordered a Unitronic catted downpipe (only other mod is a K&N drop in filter) and there's a 4-8 weeks shipping delay so I'm looking at what stages I should get ( first time modding this platform, previous cars were Honda/Acura).

I don't necessarily wants to go stage 2 as I track the car pretty often and I think staying a bit under 300whp "sounds" safer to me and I'm not ready to buy Intercooler/plugs yet. Oil cooler is next on the list.

I'm wondering how the stage1 EQT tune is gonna work with a DP ? Or should I just go straight for a 400$ custom tune?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Cool thank you.

One last question, I have ordered a Unitronic catted downpipe (only other mod is a K&N drop in filter) and there's a 4-8 weeks shipping delay so I'm looking at what stages I should get ( first time modding this platform, previous cars were Honda/Acura).

I don't necessarily wants to go stage 2 as I track the car pretty often and I think staying a bit under 300whp "sounds" safer to me and I'm not ready to buy Intercooler/plugs yet. Oil cooler is next on the list.

I'm wondering how the stage1 EQT tune is gonna work with a DP ? Or should I just go straight for a 400$ custom tune?
You should go straight for an intercooler.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Non-FB user here to disagree with that statement.

I'm a non-FB user, and feel like I'm missing out on a ton of information :(

Which, I mean, I really can't know since I'm not in their Facebook group. But there's definitely been more than one time I've had to ask here "Hey, can you guys paste that information from Facebook here?".

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I'm a non-FB user, and feel like I'm missing out on a ton of information :(

Which, I mean, I really can't know since I'm not in their Facebook group. But there's definitely been more than one time I've had to ask here "Hey, can you guys paste that information from Facebook here?".
I will agree that EQT is more engaging on FB than here and that at times leads to FB users receiving the information faster than the forum members do but it does eventually make its way here.