GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

nimonery

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
This happened a couple hours ago. The other person ran a red light. Thank you VW for keeping me and my brother safe.

CE78FB43-656C-430F-8496-EE1AF03DF1F6.jpeg

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I was in a similar accident in my R and only had a mild concussion, one of the reasons I came back to the mk7 was my confidence in the crash safety.

That said, make sure you watch for concussion symptoms and take care of yourself.

Last edited:

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
I was in a similar accident in my R and only had a mild concussion, one of the reasons I came back to the mk7 was my confidence in the crash safety.

That said, make sure you watch for concussion symptoms and take car of yourself.
This ^^^
Brain injuries, even if they seem minor, are not to be messed with.
Best of luck with everything!

gbar

Ready to race!
Installed BFI stage 1 engine mount last night, transmission mount going in this morning. Impressions of the engine mount alone so far are very good. Surprisingly minimal increase in NVH unless you give it the beans, and it sounds good too
IMG_2970.jpg

acorazza

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI 6MT
Installed a Dieselgeek short shifter today and I think I got the alignment right but only did it once and I know people usually end up adjusting multiple times to get it just right.

It’s definitely more mechanical feeling and much shorter than the Audi OEM short shifter it replaced.

I still felt a small nibble in the 1-2 shift but I was also feeling that sometimes before changing shifters and I haven’t driven it enough to give it a real shakedown yet.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Installed a Dieselgeek short shifter today and I think I got the alignment right but only did it once and I know people usually end up adjusting multiple times to get it just right.

It’s definitely more mechanical feeling and much shorter than the Audi OEM short shifter it replaced.

I still felt a small nibble in the 1-2 shift but I was also feeling that sometimes before changing shifters and I haven’t driven it enough to give it a real shakedown yet.
If you do the alignment correctly it should only take one time. I know some people (myself included), have had difficulty adjusting the slack in the cable resulting in it requiring multiple efforts. You'll know if the alignment is off.

Hockeyman11385

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
Finally had the opportunity to install some goodies from Klii Motorwerks, eBay, and Pinalloy. Messed up the outer ring of the front emblem but that will be fixed soon. Also installed the DAP flush kit after 3 months on backorder. Ignore the dirt, detail day tomorrow.
IMG_4392.jpg

IMG_4393.jpg

IMG_4391.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4391.jpg
    IMG_4391.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 66