GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PSA: TPC20 - not recommended

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Wait...5 more TPC20 failures? I thought there were only 2 claimed (I knew damn well there were 3)....

And he is saying those 5 are here in Denver alone, so again the altitude, as it so often does, seems to be really exposing these things

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Calling @THEREALVRT how about answering to these new revelations? Just last week you said there had been only 2 failures.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
1602774689458.png

Navi

Autocross Champion

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Ok @Navi

Well, thanks for the mention.

I would like first to fix a few things with this post.

My name is Brian. Not Ryan.

2. Your low-key doing a lot right now.

Let us clear up some things.

I sent Nick the video because you asked me too. I am a TPC customer, and yes, I do race with their unit. I'm not paid. I don't get some kickback from it. I happen to have had great success, and there is nothing special about my particular turbo.

So yea, I want to ensure the safety of my own vehicle. I'm going to be curious too.

I've had two turbos fail.

OEM and a Gpop Hybrid.

Both were shaft things. It happens. No one likes it. Every single manufacture of a turbo has had a failure—every single one.

I have zero idea as to why your trying to drag me into this like there is something wrong with me being cool with a company that literally has shown support for my team and me since day 1. You probably don't even understand WHY they reached out to me.

From what I'm reading here. You actually don't know what's wrong with the current one and haven't taken it out to test it.

I can't speak for Nick but most companies don't want people running around rampant on forums talking about something failed and just throwing accusations out. That's highly normal. They want to fix it and get it sorted just like you do. However, doing stuff like this is in poor taste. Please tell me a manufacturer that goes, "hey, our stuff broke? Please post it all over the net and try and ruin any credibility in the aftermarket game because it broke"

Clearly, you messaged a lot between the two of you, and you are picking and choosing which parts of screenshots to share.

You have 66 messages alone in one screenshot. So you have the option to say what you want. Post the whole transcript, bud. Air it out. If that's how you feel. DO IT. Drop it all.

"When TPC had the turbo for repair, I asked them multiple times what failed on it, and they would answer every other question but deliberately ignored the question about what they found when they opened the turbo."

Why? What would TPC have to gain by doing this? How could that benefit anyone? Again show your work on this. He alludes to this that he responded many times with excellent service

U cut off the message tho.

Can you stop sharing that video please as we are working together. SHaring a video of a potentially failed product to the public before ....

What is the rest of the message? HE CLEARLY is going to tell you WHY.
You are picking and choosing the direction and tone of the conversation. Like your some YT hype beast person. Suppose you want to share a story.

Then share the whole story.

It low key comes off like your trying to hide your own involvement in some way.

moving on

They offered to replace it. And upgrade the unit.

Obviously a new design is going to cost more but idk what conversations yall have had on this. You are leaving shit out. So he has a promotion! Great. how much time based in between? What have you done since that? What role has your attitude and conversation style had in this?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You had issue with 1 unit. Possible Unknown failure.

Got new unit.

The new unit potentially has an issue in the shaft (maybe because you haven't actually pulled it to see)

You already had an offer for another replacement.
an offer for an great upgrade. (
BB's are in fact cool)

This is correct yes?

So instead of handling things like an adult, you want to get mad that the dude post on IG with car showgirls and the like? Why the personal attack? Has TPC gone at you publicly for this? NO

And you are rather disrespectful about it.

Turbos can fail for a variety of reasons. Tune can be one. Shit install can be one. SHIT HAPPENS can be one. Oil pressure can be one. Having something unrelated at high speed can be one. Like we don't know. I don't know why yours failed, and I can't answer that. I'm not at tech.

From your video, it looks like something came in the cold side and smacked your fins, and then went out the other side? That's weird looking. What did they say on the video?
With all that said. Why are you trying to drag my name? I have no reason to "defend" TPC or YOU for that matter. You haven't reached out to me in a while, and I'm not a builder. I said TPC would handle it because I know they will. SO prove me wrong. Show me the process. Make me eat my words.

I drive fast and mod as safely as I can. That's my only role.

If TPC did you wrong, I'd tell them to pound salt just as quick as anyone else. My one goal is here is to help as many people get on track as possible and if I can share some knowledge about what has worked and hasn't worked for me.

I'm no expert or genius, just a guy who is willing to push the car harder than most.

I've had 100% zero issues in 2 1/2 years with this turbo. Running 93 pump WOT all day and going hard. I'm very transparent about what I do. I have nothing to hide. Let my competitors see what I'm doing; they still have to actually beat us on track.

Hooray for me. That's why you got a hold of me. I spent HELLA time answering your questions and trying to be as helpful as possible because that's who I am. How dare you attack me for trying to be useful.

I'm sorry you haven't had my luck. I actually am. No one wants to have their car down. I've had my fair share of failures but I'm 100% in that "pay to play" territory I mean I'm shredding dogbone mounts and all sorts of shit because how hard I'm going.

If mine blew tomorrow I'm charging it to the game and going onto round 4.

I truly don't think anyone said to keep your mouth shut or no warranty but there is a correct way and wrong way to go about dealing with failures when you want companies to help you.

If my clutch blew tomorrow and i post up

"DKM IS TERRIBLE STAY AWAY."
Why should they go out of my way to help? I just gave them the finger and dared them to help me? That's a stupid way to communicate.

I've been part of development /QC teams many times, and rule #1 is to keep your ego in check and stay calm/cool in all situations. The worlds have been a shit show for 6+ months I think we can all do to have a bit of patience and common sense during this time.

So never, ever, ever, EVER put my name in your mouth again about being "not trustworthy or super biased" like I'm incapable of being impartial in situations. I'm no social justice warrior. I call shit like it is.

I haven't said shit about you to anyone about your behavior or attitude. I just wanted your shit handled so you could get on your way.

You were never in fear of your warranty not being honored and that's just a fear-mongering statement to make. how do we know you don't just drive like an asshole and Pin this thang every single. day from a cold start. Oil Starve it and just ngaf about having proper care on how it works.

You think I don't know people who spend all day revving the shit outta the cars at stop lights and launch every day and go "damn my clutch/turbo is gone" like no shit bro. Stop acting like a kid with their first car. Like you are working hella hard to be sure no one looks twice at what you may have done to make this happen. Which is the first rule of diagnosing things. What about my behavior could have led to this?

And quit with the 8mile tactic of trying to insult anyone who may disagree with you by trying to point out what someone might say before they do it. That's a middle school tactics and silly to do.

TLDR
I'm here, and you've got my attention. What are you going to do now to clear your own name and prove to us the forum community and lurkers abound that you are not acting like a brat and have done everything asked of you by your tuner/installer and every person that has physically touched and interacted with your car?

Do you want to start a case? You best have some significant data for us to look at it because without hard data and proof, you've got nothing to stand on.
x
Let's do this.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Man TPC should of gave Navi hush money so this thread never got started instead of milking him for more money. Pretty sure they are done with any new customers on this forum.
Doesn't matter. APR makes up shit on the daily. They still rake in money. EQTs first gen turbo didn't sink them. They fixed what was wrong.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Man TPC should of gave Navi hush money so this thread never got started instead of milking him for more money. Pretty sure they are done with any new customers on this forum.
Disagree.

Lets have this guy show us without a doubt on what TP
Yeah the first time Ed tuned me it was almost at full waste gate duty and peaking around 380hp by his estimates. That’s why we went with a boost leak test to make sure everything was fine. Then TPC said try e30 for more power but on their site it says I should be over 400 on pump. Or something like that. Then I changed all my hardware. Replaced my intercooler, downpipe, exhaust and it was better but still, at the end of the day an is38 would be very similar and I have a hunch an is38 car in ethanol would be faster than this turbo. Actually asking a lot of tuners/shops about this turbo had negative feedback. They all basically called it a dog of a turbo. I initially thought they were all talking shit bc it’s not their product or something they sell but well... I guess the results speak for themselves.
WHO

Name them

Name each tuner that said the turbo was dog shit. Right now. Post it up. Lets go bud.

Is38s are no where near close. How do i know/ Because I literally race against one. Like come on man. Now you are just talking out your ass.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Disagree.

Lets have this guy show us without a doubt on what TP

WHO

Name them

Name each tuner that said the turbo was dog shit. Right now. Post it up. Lets go bud.

Is38s are no where near close. How do i know/ Because I literally race against one. Like come on man. Now you are just talking out your ass.

i have no interest in entertaining your bs. I'm not out of my ass. Your turbo never made more than 380 when we spoke. You were always racing around with your car falling apart and boost leaks. Why would I take anything you say seriously? And those were your own words about the car never being right.

Keep on chasing time attack street racer.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
i have no interest in entertaining your bs.
Wooooah no no no. Thats fucked up.

I've done nothing wrong to you. In fact been. SUPER Cordial

I'll post your screen shots of our conversation right fucking now and expose your horse shit.

I swear on everything dude

I see you unfollowed and have me blocked on IG too?

WTH is going with you? It's like you don't want to hear any other thoughts but your own.

Do you know why my car made 380? Hmmmmmmm are you going to forget the exact details on WHY? The public would love to know.
Do you know why I had a boost leak? cause im 90% sure i told you why.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Wow based on those #'s I would say our altitude must really be exposing these things. Again, I guess I'm fortunate I chose the Vortex over the TPC20. I'd be curious to know which shop you are referring to here. Understand you probably won't want to air out that info here though
My thoughts exactly. On an is20, if you want to see 20 psi the turbo is actually having to work as 22psi levels. Our altitude isn’t kind to boost.

And I can say I lived in both spectrums. Here in Colorado and in Miami. My srt4 in Miami consistently dyno’s at 290whp. Here in Colorado, first dyno was 250whp. But after some tweaking done by the guys at boost creep, we got her to 274whp. And I was warned, “that turbo needs replacing. We are spinning it too hard to meet your goal”

That’s when we went hybrid. She’s at 325whp on 91. And has taken so much abuse over the years. Yet her turbo, no issues at all

Reactions: MSH

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Lord_Flexington, are you associated with TPC? If so, guy... you're not helping the brand image. This is not how a professional business would respond to a poor review of their products and/or services... regardless of the way the review was written.

I say this as someone who has zero connection to any of this and could care less, take from it what you will.