GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your VW Driver Gear spring setup.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Curious, why’d you choose B8s?
I read good things about them. I even got them at a decent price at 600$. Other sites charging more for the set. I honestly went with these to improve the feeling/handling in the car making it a little more sporty. Ontop of them being ment for lowering springs I could easily switch up the springs if I ever wanted too.

Once I get them these parts installed with the DG springs I’ll give my opinion

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!
it's a very mild drop ~0.5", my gap went from 2.5" to 1.5" but I went from 18 Hankook 225/35 to MPS4S 235/40.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 335
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 323

nype

Drag Racing Champion
it's a very mild drop ~0.5", my gap went from 2.5" to 1.5" but I went from 18 Hankook 225/35 to MPS4S 235/40.
Stock tires are 225/40, FWIW.

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!
Last edited:

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Is there anything I need to replace in the back when doing suspension like this?

I got the B8s and the springs. Replaced the Front strut mounts and the bearings in the front. The ride is good, but Ive gotten like 3 noise since yesterday in the rear. Very minor sound. Only happens when I go over a small bump at an angle. When cruising no noise at all. Nothing to concerning, but is there bearings or something in the rear that should get replaced?

nype

Drag Racing Champion

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!
Really? And those are the tires from the factory (225/35/18)?
I got mine used last year, a 2017 model with 7k mi on it!

Branman

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Is there anything I need to replace in the back when doing suspension like this?

I got the B8s and the springs. Replaced the Front strut mounts and the bearings in the front. The ride is good, but Ive gotten like 3 noise since yesterday in the rear. Very minor sound. Only happens when I go over a small bump at an angle. When cruising no noise at all. Nothing to concerning, but is there bearings or something in the rear that should get replaced?
Anthony there are upper shock mounts that would be considered a wear item similar to the front strut mount. If you went through all the trouble to install new shocks/struts and front strut mounts why not purchase the rears as well? Other than that honestly maybe your mechanic just needs to double check everything is torqued down properly and of course the springs are seated correctly in the lower control arms.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Anthony there are upper shock mounts that would be considered a wear item similar to the front strut mount. If you went through all the trouble to install new shocks/struts and front strut mounts why not purchase the rears as well? Other than that honestly maybe your mechanic just needs to double check everything is torqued down properly and of course the springs are seated correctly in the lower control arms.
Wow. I had a feeling but I wasnt too sure about the rear strut mounts. Thanks for the info man. I’m gonna see him this weekend

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I got mine used last year, a 2017 model with 7k mi on it!
Still seems strange that the previous owner but a non standard size tire on there. Did you buy it with OEM wheels?

What Hankook model?

Maybe I’m missing something...

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Quick question.

I got some rake even though I got the Audi TT pads for the rear since I installed these struts.
The rear is sitting about 3 fingers on the tire. And the front is about 2-2.5.

Should I just replace the Audi TT pads for the OEM ones or just wait and see if it settles. When I installed the DG springs on with the stock struts/shocks I didn't have any rake.

Does the rear take some more time to settle since there's less weight?

Branman

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Anthony I’d remove them. I don’t see many people using the pads on DG springs on mk7.5 cars. I’m not even sure about mk7 honestly. Your shocks should not effect ride height at all unless somehow installed incorrectly. Also your front springs have most likely settled since installed so now you have this rake. I’m running DG on my 7.5 with no TT pads and the car sits perfect.