GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your VW Driver Gear spring setup.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Sorry to revive this.

Considering these DG springs. Should I get a set of Shocks & struts or the stock ones are fine.

Im getting TT pads since I have a 6MT

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Sorry to revive this.

Considering these DG springs. Should I get a set of Shocks & struts or the stock ones are fine.

How many miles?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Im at 23k bout to hit 24k. 2017 GTI
Stock are fine. I’d just do the springs. Beat the stock stuff into the dirt before replacing it. I’ve had my DG springs on my 16 GTI (with DCC) from about 10k KMs to now 50k KMs. No issues.

danbfree

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8 TSI
Ok, it’s been over a month now.

Springs feel great. Probably about 10% stiffer than stock, not harsh at all.

Bounce has subsided! I will say these are NOT an improvement for performance at all, they're soft.

However if you're looking to get rid of a bit of gap and don’t want a sacrifice, these fit the bill.

Will keep these with the stock dampers and if need be switch to B6 Damptronics later.
I know it's an old post, but the same or stiffer AND any amount lower will automatically be at least a little better handling/less body roll from lower center of gravity alone, I'm sure they will make a huge difference in my TSI...

But to summarize other FAQ's: The GTI is 0.6" lower than the TSI to start with, but once you add DG springs to either they both end up at the same close to Golf R level and are about 10% stiffer than stock GTI springs... So, basically sounds like stock Golf R springs for the FWD Golfs? Can anyone confirm/deny/have comments?

danbfree

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8 TSI
Hi, I need advice with DG springs. I have VW MK7 2015 2.0 TDI 150hp highline version, manual transmission with 4 doors. Which DG springs do I need to install? Will I need to buy TT rear pads because of reverse rake? Thanks for the help!

Since the TDI doesn't have full IRS rear suspension but a torsion beam, it doesn't look like they are available...THESE ISC springs would work and drop yours 0.6"F/0.5"R and you wouldn't need pads with rear dropped slightly less than front.

Last edited:

danbfree

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8 TSI
Sorry to revive this.

I agree with the other post, go by mileage, and since your car is low mileage you're fine... and that's because they are at the edge of the safe limit of amount of drop to use with stock dampers. They are specifically designed and sold by VW to use with the stock dampers with no damper upgrade even recommended.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
It’s been almost a year.

LOVE these springs still.

No real degradation in comfort and the ugly gap is gone.

I did strut hats and strut bearings, didn’t want to have to do it twice and they weren’t much more.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
It’s been almost a year.

LOVE these springs still.

No real degradation in comfort and the ugly gap is gone.

I did strut hats and strut bearings, didn’t want to have to do it twice and they weren’t much more.
dont mind me asking. what type of strut hats n strut bearing you use?

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie

dubless

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
Thought Id contribute here. Just installed these over the weekend on my 19’ SE w/~1900 miles, DSG/DCC/EXP. Rides great on the stock struts/shocks, DCC functions perfectly. Maybe less than 10% stiffer in every setting. Very compliant springs that reduced the height ~0.8” front and 0.6” rear. Im running 18x9 ET42/37 on 245/40 Conti‘s with no rubbing. Screw mod done.

977EFA3E-FD25-49F1-9362-063BFC5D9E67.png

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Cleannn! ^

Do these springs improve handling at least 10-20% on corners

Just purchased DG springs yesterday and the rear audi TT springs. I can't wait to install them and see it in person.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
This is gonna be my first low car in a way lol. I already scratched the front bumper from getting out of shopping centers. I hate it.

You experience rubbing the front bumper? I might get a front splitter n let that sht get scratched lol

dubless

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
If you're bottoming out on stock springs then yes you'll bottom out even more on these. More so with a splitter. I've been driving lowered to slammed cars for over 35 years so this nothing for me. I'm installing the full TCR body cladding this weekend so I expect to lose another 1/2" or so clearance at the front bumper. No big deal....and "yes" I'm that old LOL:ROFLMAO: