GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K
Since I hit a curb pretty hard last night n needed to buy a new tire. I noticed I hit the front of side skirt. Is this an expensive fix? I might have to live with it View attachment 186461View attachment 186462

I had damage in the same spot when I accidentally lowered my car on to a mispositioned jack stand. All I did was take the fender liner off, bent the rocker back with my hands (it’s very soft metal), and lightly hammered out the remaining dent from the back. Dabbed a little touch up and clear on the paint and all was good. You can barely tell anything ever happened.

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
Added a little red to my OEM set up. Makes a big difference IMO.
IMG_20200920_153114999.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200920_153114999.jpg
    IMG_20200920_153114999.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 67

RHolte

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Same. There was no other option in 2017 to get a PP, LP and plaid together other than Sport. And to me GTI without plaid is not a complete GTI. ☺
Agreed! I really wanted the radar controlled cruise control and the bigger head unit screen but there was no way I was going to drive a GTI that didn't have plaid seats.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
This is why you simply wash it yourself.

agreed. Car washes are a nice luxury for non-car people to feel like their cars are clean, or that they take care of them. But car washes are every bit as detrimental to the longevity of your paint than they are helpful to the short term appearance

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
I agree. I got the car in January and its only gone to the car wash twice! That was my 2nd time. They didn’t even clean my CSS tips (I even asked). Its still super dirty gotta clean it. Ontop of it being a major wait time. So much better to clean it yourself. I was just drained from working thats why I took it. LOL AND that same day I washed it two hours later of it being shiny it RAINEDDD HARD! Still raining as of today.. :confused:

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
The only thing that keep me from washing the car sometimes is the heat we been having in South FL. Super humid and that sun is beaming!

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I agree. I got the car in January and its only gone to the car wash twice! That was my 2nd time. They didn’t even clean my CSS tips (I even asked). Its still super dirty gotta clean it. Ontop of it being a major wait time. So much better to clean it yourself. I was just drained from working thats why I took it. LOL AND that same day I washed it two hours later of it being shiny it RAINEDDD HARD! Still raining as of today.. :confused:

i suggest PPF and/or ceramic coating. If you can only swing one, ceramic. It’s a sacrificial clear coat for your car that keeps it looking clean longer and protects the paint from damage. Also makes washing it super easy, as it’s hydrophobic. Fun stuff. The extra thickness of the ceramic on top of the clear coat makes the car look like is wet during sunrise/sunset