GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

vwlotech

Go Kart Newbie
Getting closer to getting this done, high temp boots and seals are in, only piece left is a set of wheels,... that should ship today... hopefully...

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
Getting closer to getting this done, high temp boots and seals are in, only piece left is a set of wheels,... that should ship today... hopefully...

Just when I thought I was done with my brake setup, you had to go and post this!

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Coming from non-pp brakes what are you guys doing for the rears? I have 7mm left in the rear so still have some life left. Can I just leave them be and install the Macan Brembos or should the front match the rear in terms of rotor style and pad?

I still have the non-pp rears on my car. I have a Stoptech ST40 kit and on hard braking I felt the back of the car wobbled around a bit and wasn’t as stable as I would have liked. I just upgraded to 272mm Stoptech slotted rotors with Hawk Performance HPS 5.0 pads and the car stops faster and tracks straighter on hard braking.

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
What length lines are you guys running?
I'm having issues getting information from HEL and Goodridge regarding the length and angle of the banjo fitting (TTS callipers) at the calliper.
KillerBrakes have been very little help and have just said to buy their HEL lines which are around 25% more expensive than buying direct from the HEL custom site here in the UK
Are you just using Golf specification lines with the Macan fitting at the calliper end?

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
What length lines are you guys running?
I'm having issues getting information from HEL and Goodridge regarding the length and angle of the banjo fitting (TTS callipers) at the calliper.
KillerBrakes have been very little help and have just said to buy their HEL lines which are around 25% more expensive than buying direct from the HEL custom site here in the UK
Are you just using Golf specification lines with the Macan fitting at the calliper end?
I ordered the Macan Lines from UK Goodridge and asked for 24" length, which they seemed to comply with.

TheMuffinMan

Go Kart Newbie
what rotor did you go with?

Stoptech Cryo-treated Slotted - MK6-R front + MK7 R (stock) rear.

Despite recommendations in the thread, decided to go with EBC Redstuff for my daily pads all around since I do drive a bunch and have been content with them on the stock calipers (stopping power, dust, etc).

Technafit brake lines (Stainless + clear coating)

Macan Calipers ordered last night too :)

18GTISE

Car(s)
'18 VW GTI SE
Has there been any more info on the pedal droop issues? Does this happen during everyday driving or only at the track?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Has there been any more info on the pedal droop issues? Does this happen during everyday driving or only at the track?

All the time. You can code it out in OBD11, but we're hoping the wilwood valves work. There's a guy testing them.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Brakes held up great at Laguna Seca yesterday. Did 3, 20 minute sessions, lap times around 1:57-2:00, so definitely not pushing the car as hard as possible but LS is pretty tough on brakes (one guy wrecked his STI after his brakes failed at T2/hairpin). Pedal was firm and consistent across all three sessions. DS2500s performed flawlessly. Will need to check if seals are ok.

I was braking at about 80% most of the day, pushed to 100% a few times. I turned off straight ahead brake stabilization at the start of the day but did feel something kick in once when I braked fairly late into T2 and was trail braking towards the apex. Might’ve been TC/ESC as I don’t think I fully disabled that via OBD11 yet.

Will post some video clips from the day later in my build thread but for now here’s a photo.

4260A706-C3B4-4423-B50F-EF33CFF57104.jpeg