GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
By chance reverse threads? Don't know why it would be but if you have tried all those techniques and no luck then I dont know
The other one came off no problem with just the impact gun and an 11mm socket. No idea why this one is so bad. I even went to a junk yard yesterday to get a ton of spares for $free.99 and they came off with just a ratchet. Do I need to take this stupid thing to a machine shop now?

torga

Autocross Champion
By chance reverse threads? Don't know why it would be but if you have tried all those techniques and no luck then I dont know
Just machine your own calipers -- that's what the pros do.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Anyone want a nice slightly used paperweight for their bookshelf at home or for the office? I’ve got a limited edition Porsche one. PM me.......

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Anyone want a nice slightly used paperweight for their bookshelf at home or for the office? I’ve got a limited edition Porsche one. PM me.......
Wall mount it and call it art

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Rolled over 93K today. Last owner babied it but I feel like as I approach 100K I need to start being a little more "involved", especially after taking it Stg2.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Aside from getting an extractor bit stuck in the remnants of the sheared bleeder screw, I also removed this ugly disaster of an existence... Slightly more engine noise? Not 100% sure tho. No more sagging, that’s a plus.
4429F3ED-7F9B-4BE5-8128-482E9BE306BD.jpeg

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Well, I decided to pull the headliner out. Was going pretty well until one of the clips and bolt from the driver B pillar fell off into the abyss. I wound up pulling the lower panel, found the bolt but not one of the clips. Now I screwed up some of the clips on the lower trim. Still debating if I'm going to attempt to wrap myself or just take it somewhere. Done for tonight.. 🍻 Contemplating rear seat delete, maybe a brace maybe not.
IMG_3238.JPG
IMG_3239.JPG

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I found a guy a few miles from me that can do the headliner and pillars in suede. He has a limited selection of colors, which is fine with me. I'm leaning towards the charcoal that is similar to what was already there. He also has plain old black, what you think?

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
First auto cross done. Car needs better tires, all seasons suck! Learned a lot and the car might receive some suspension bits as a result now. We find out results later tonight, but I know for a fact I wasn’t dead last and that’s all that counts :ROFLMAO:

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
I found a guy a few miles from me that can do the headliner and pillars in suede. He has a limited selection of colors, which is fine with me. I'm leaning towards the charcoal that is similar to what was already there. He also has plain old black, what you think?
Plain black. That’s what I picked and it ended up coming out almost charcoal

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
I think plaid
Jk the suede would look great, maybe a dark grey?