GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

RHolte

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
This weekend my brother and I installed a AeroFabb splitter and applied Crystal Serum Light and EXO. I also had a set of MOMO Revenge wheels put on. Fun times with the one I love (the GTI :p).

Before
VW-GTI-Before-3.jpg

After

VW-GTI-after-19.jpg

VW-GTI-after-24.jpg

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Not a fan of the red stripe, but looks dope!

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Had the SuperPro motor mounts installed yesterday actually. Not much vibration like everyone said but I do hear sounds from the transmission when decelerating to a stop and right when I take off again briefly. Should lessen with some miles.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Had the SuperPro motor mounts installed yesterday actually. Not much vibration like everyone said but I do hear sounds from the transmission when decelerating to a stop and right when I take off again briefly. Should lessen with some miles.
I thought the consensus was the superpros had less vibration cause the use rubber as opposed to rock solid poly.... I put 90a poly on the car and removed the same day 😂

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Installed
HPA IS38+
BULL-X Downpipe
Mishimoto Intercooler
APR IS38 tune

Replaced
Water pump 😩
CV boot

First impression
No huge torque surge at 2500rpm anymore. Power starts coming on at 3200rpm. Good thing is it keeps pulling to 7k redline instead of 5500. That being said, I was expecting a lot more from what's advertised as 350hp vs 240 of stage 1. Don't get me wrong, it pulls great, but I guess that push in the back at low rpm that gives the sensation of acceleration isn't there so it just feels different. I do like the linearity of it a lot more. Feels more like a Honda as opposed to a diesel.

For clarity, this is on a Golf 1.8.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Neuspeed P-Flo
20200527_194826.jpg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I thought the consensus was the superpros had less vibration cause the use rubber as opposed to rock solid poly.... I put 90a poly on the car and removed the same day 😂

I don't know exactly what they use but they do call it Polyelast. The only new sound I'm hearing is from the DSG. It's not really a vibration just a sound that's getting transmitted. I'll see if it diminishes in a few K miles.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Installed
HPA IS38+
BULL-X Downpipe
Mishimoto Intercooler
APR IS38 tune

Replaced
Water pump 😩
CV boot

First impression
No huge torque surge at 2500rpm anymore. Power starts coming on at 3200rpm. Good thing is it keeps pulling to 7k redline instead of 5500. That being said, I was expecting a lot more from what's advertised as 350hp vs 240 of stage 1. Don't get me wrong, it pulls great, but I guess that push in the back at low rpm that gives the sensation of acceleration isn't there so it just feels different. I do like the linearity of it a lot more. Feels more like a Honda as opposed to a diesel.

For clarity, this is on a Golf 1.8.

Waiting on that new Dragy.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Waiting on that new Dragy.

Naaaaah.
Had a Ford Explorer in front of me. Turning right onto a 3 lane road. He moves over into middle lane and floors it, so of course, I follow suit and work up to 3rd, passing easily. Probably was at 75 in a 55. I slow down and signal because my turn is ahead. He catches up to me and turns on his siren for a second. 😯. Normally good at spotting unmarked police, but this was a bog standard civilian Explorer. No steelies or black letters on black car etc. Anyhow, he went on his way.

And I'm not pursuing some crazy times, so if I got it, it would be for 1 or 2 uses and that's it.

Then again, was good with stage 1 and a few parts not too long ago, so who knows.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Naaaaah.
Had a Ford Explorer in front of me. Turning right onto a 3 lane road. He moves over into middle lane and floors it, so of course, I follow suit and work up to 3rd, passing easily. Probably was at 75 in a 55. I slow down and signal because my turn is ahead. He catches up to me and turns on his siren for a second. 😯. Normally good at spotting unmarked police, but this was a bog standard civilian Explorer. No steelies or black letters on black car etc. Anyhow, he went on his way.

And I'm not pursuing some crazy times, so if I got it, it would be for 1 or 2 uses and that's it.

Then again, was good with stage 1 and a few parts not too long ago, so who knows.

Whew. Nice cop. Those unmarked cars are getting very hard to spot. Way too many in AZ and they're driving nice looking Mustangs, Chargers etc. No snubby antennas, nice wheels and a regular license plate.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Naaaaah.

You just used up your luck for the rest of the year.

One time I had a cop in an unmarked Taurus SHO next to me at a light. For whatever reason I decided to pace him as the light goes green. As we got to 60 he slammed on the brakes and swung in behind me. He only stayed there a couple minutes (long enough to run the plate I figure) then he swung out again to race around me.

Cops around here only drive SUVs now. Even the unmarked ones have LED lights so you can at least recognize them if you can see the front of the car.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Whew. Nice cop. Those unmarked cars are getting very hard to spot. Way too many in AZ and they're driving nice looking Mustangs, Chargers etc. No snubby antennas, nice wheels and a regular license plate.

Unmarked cars are getting SO hard to find, which means they are finally doing what they wanted to. Honda Civi SIs in Colorado Springs, Pontiac GTOs in SW Virginia, Yukons in Richmond VA.....crazy

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Remember when cops were around to help people and people were happy to see them? Me neither. And I work in law enforcement.