GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Measuring a mounting plate for my new 15 lb battery. So smol.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Did the guy who hit you get a ticket and did he have insurance?
Yes to both luckily. He was a little odd so I was half expecting him to give me some sob story but he stuck around for the cops and didn't try to argue that he was at fault. And actually had insurance.

Was on my way to work when it happened so haven't had time to find out what the damage is but I'm hopeful for an easy fix. Brake lights seem fine and reverse camera still operates, but bumper and hatch are toast. No airbags, and no injuries.

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Yes to both luckily. He was a little odd so I was half expecting him to give me some sob story but he stuck around for the cops and didn't try to argue that he was at fault. And actually had insurance.

Was on my way to work when it happened so haven't had time to find out what the damage is but I'm hopeful for an easy fix. Brake lights seem fine and reverse camera still operates, but bumper and hatch are toast. No airbags, and no injuries.

glad your ok. As someone who was rear ended and still in pain go see a Dr. You can use his insurance. May not hurt now but it may tomorrow

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Picked it up and supported local businesses. Coilovers: Openroadtuning, Wheels: Konig hypergram New 2020 finish 18x8.5 et 43 (17.85lbs), Tires General Gmax RS and Racingline Lug conversion
:)
View attachment 174971
Looks SOOOOOOOO good!!

Look real low for static and DD,, I canā€™t see myself getting lower than my set up so thatā€™s why Iā€™m going air. Could just be the angle

5BF303DC-B9AB-4221-904B-60DF53F2966A.jpeg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Loaded EQT stg 1 91 oct on 93 oct. Compared to the Cobb OTS stg 1 on 93 oct, it pulls harder in through the entire, especially above 4500 rpm. Could snell a little clutch after a few pulls, though, so I'll use it to only for autocross.

The positives of the Cobb ots is that it was smooth and I've had zero clutch slip. Down side, falls flat in higher rpm band, but fine for the street.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Looks SOOOOOOOO good!!

Look real low for static and DD,, I canā€™t see myself getting lower than my set up so thatā€™s why Iā€™m going air. Could just be the angle

View attachment 174983
yeah its going to be a trail and error I guess, its low for sure. Never driven a lowered car so we shall see. I really don't think its much lower than your car tho

codypka

Go Kart Champion
Earlier this week I used the touch up kit from DrColorchip to repair the many rock chips on my hood and roof. Worked pretty well. If you get it Definitely buy the kit with the extra bottle of blending solution, you'll go though that stuff way quicker than the paint itself. I appreciate how this kit doesn't leave any paint blobs, everything comes out looking nice and level. Just be prepared to do the steps several times on any chips that are really deep, you have to fill those in a little bit at a time. Overall, not bad for around $50.

Today I tired the McGuire's Hybrid Ceramic wax. I gotta say it came out looking pretty nice, and the water definitely beads up well. Well enough that I was able to dry the car with my leaf blower

Attachments

• IMG_20200530_113225.jpg
    IMG_20200530_113225.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 131
  • IMG_20200521_134355.jpg
    IMG_20200521_134355.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 135