GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Remember when cops were around to help people and people were happy to see them? Me neither. And I work in law enforcement.

Sad part is there have been a serious of thefts in my area. Same group of guys. I have personally seen them several times. Have stolen $70k in merchandise just from 4 stores. They also hit lots of cell phone stores and Best Buys. From what I have heard, it's at least 40 other locations in multiple cities. Cops cannot catch them despite lots of video, serial numbers, etc. Semi forced them to fingerprint store and specific areas criminals touched. We finally tracked one with a stolen cell phone and sent to police so they could apprehend. If as much effort was put into crime as revenue generation, they would have been caught a long time ago.

/vent

Back to relevant topic

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Cops around here only drive SUVs now. Even the unmarked ones have LED lights so you can at least recognize them if you can see the front of the car.
Same here, I believe this is due to Tropical Storm Sandy.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Remember when cops were around to help people and people were happy to see them? Me neither. And I work in law enforcement.
I blame a few bad apples and media sensationalism.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
The more the police are militarized, the less people trust them. This is a rampant issue in the US. With that said, let's get back on topic.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
dropped it off at the shop, should be able to pickup late today or tomorrow if im lucky, depends on the shipment from cali

parts overnight'd from Japan?

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Whew. Nice cop. Those unmarked cars are getting very hard to spot. Way too many in AZ and they're driving nice looking Mustangs, Chargers etc. No snubby antennas, nice wheels and a regular license plate.

When I was still up in Chandler a few years ago, I'd see all kinds of crazy unmarked cars with someone pulled over. Once I saw a Hyundai Sonata that had nailed a guy on the 202. Totally stealth including civilian license plate etc. Crazy.

About a decade ago I got nailed for "90+" on I-10 out near Quartzite by a state trooper in a sand beige Chevy Cavalier, sitting in the median. Rat bastard!

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Got rear-ended 😥

IMG_20200528_133729.jpg

hoffnung

Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport
Installed the Vogtland Lowering Suspension Kit today which consists of springs and shocks. It lowered the vehicle ride height 20mm/.78in. It is a very modest drop but as a daily driver I am satisfied. I have yet to break it in.