GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R mk8 at the Nurburgring.

Dadbus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 R DSG, 997.1 GT3
I also noticed on some interior pics, the GTI (and I assume Golf R as well) dsg will have the small itty bitty teeny weeny little shift lever thing that Porsche has. So weird haha

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I do like that the changes between each generation is minimal, almost like a 911. Unlike BMW, every generation now takes on a completely different look and profile, like Japanese cars do with generation changes.

I agree with this. But we have entered the 996 headlights phase but for the Golf hah.
The new 3 series looks like a Lexus from the rear.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Come on now, the mk8 headlights aren't as bad as the 996 headlights.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yeah, that's what the Mk5 tails were for. I won't lie, my inner dialogue says 'boobs' every time I follow one.

Not everyone can have good taste. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :confused:

MIKE PP.

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf R.
Couple of short clips of it in action.
One at 1:35 and another at 1:50...I skimmed through the rest of the video and may have missed another appearance, not sure...

Some quick Porsche's round there and that blue M2 coming out of the bend at around 10.12! Thanks for posting.

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
X3 M40i
Couple of short clips of it in action.
One at 1:35 and another at 1:50...I skimmed through the rest of the video and may have missed another appearance, not sure...

See, the video clips make me like it even more. I wonder if most of the images just don't quite do it justice. Seeing it in motion and being able to really see the shape of it makes it much more attractive looking to me.

And for some reason, those headlights are slowly becoming my favorite part.

(Bracing for impact)

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
For me at least, it is pretty much the same reaction every time a new generation comes out.
I see the renders and I think "hmm ok..."
I see press releases and think "well, thats not like the render...
I see more and more test mules and then production ready versions and think "I don't like that..."
I finally see them in person and out and about and I think "I'm ok with that"

The Mk7 was the only one so far where I have not gone through that process. I pretty much always liked it.

MIKE PP.

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf R.
I'm fine with it's looks and I think that a lot of mk7 owners will get round to buying one! I remember the comments when the 7.5 was introduced, people saying they didn't like the lights, the front bumper etc.