GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

mto386

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
The brushless ones, yes. Remember, they are for cars making over 600 whp and up to 1000 bhp.

Walbro 450 is "suppose" to be for cars making 750hp. Then multiply that by 2, whatever that equates to. Are there any real world flow analysis tests that compare the two setups? I do like how simple the brushless setup is vs dual 450 & PM4. Honestly though, people are making 600whp on a pm4 & 525 for $1100. 99% of people don't need more than that.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
The brushless ones, yes. Remember, they are for cars making over 600 whp and up to 1000 bhp.
Funny enough I was talking to a local member last night and IROZ just installed a PagParts 525 on his car yesterday, he already had the PM4 controller, his car is in the 600 range too. I figured he was going to go brushless but since he already had the controller with his 305 he went this route, I guess iroz is not worried this will hit the ceiling with even more power over 600 cause he has plans to do head work and go ims650 after this still and iroz is aware.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Walbro 450 is "suppose" to be for cars making 750hp. Then multiply that by 2, whatever that equates to. Are there any real world flow analysis tests that compare the two setups? I do like how simple the brushless setup is vs dual 450 & PM4. Honestly though, people are making 600whp on a pm4 & 525 for $1100. 99% of people don't need more than that.

Are you talking about the single 450 or double 450 for 750hp?

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Hi Ed, I have a question for YOU. How do you combat O2 sensor codes, stage 2 with your tune. I’m running APR catted downpipe. Also would going to a 300 cell cat help in this process? Now for everyone else I know how to use the search I know there are tons of threads out there, but I’m asking him on how HE beats them I’m not looking for your answers. Thanks Ed.

Let me help YOU. Not anyone else, but you specifically. The rear o2 is "disabled" meaning it will not throw a MIL for failing readiness. If you live in an area (I live in TX), that allows you to pass if you have no MIL illuminated, and fail one readiness monitor, you will pass emissions inspections. Assuming you live in California, and they do a visible inspection, you would need to install the factory downpipe as I'm sure your aftermarket downpipe is not CARB approved. If your downpipe is CARB approved, and you plug in the rear o2 and reflash the stage 2 map and let the car run through it's readiness checks, you should be fine. You should STILL disconnect the rear o2 until it is close to time for your inspection, because it sways the LTFT which adjusts the overall AFR of the tune; something we don't want to see happen. Will it hurt the car? No. Will you eventually be down on power from running a tad rich? Yes. Is this Ed's fault? No. Does Cobb know about it, and not yet have a solution? Yep.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
^^^ I have the PR 450 pump and there is no way it's able to support 750+ hp and I'm pretty sure it uses the same 450 pump that you provided in the link.
They are rated at 3bar for pumpgas and we want double that pressure plus another 30-40% for E85.

mto386

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
^^^ I have the PR 450 pump and there is no way it's able to support 750+ hp and I'm pretty sure it uses the same 450 pump that you provided in the link.
I'm not here to debate real world single 450 numbers. I was hoping you would get that when I "suppose to." You said the Iroz was better than dual 450s, do you have any real world numbers or is it speculation?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I'm not here to debate real world single 450 numbers. I was hoping you would get that when I "suppose to." You said the Iroz was better than dual 450s, do you have any real world numbers or is it speculation?

I got what you were saying. I would have no way of testing the Iroz and dual 450 pumps, that's why I said IMO.

Navi

Autocross Champion

oh ok. I don't know much about brushless pumps so I can't say much. But I know walbro 450 are the workhorse.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Walbro has a newish brushless pump that has some pretty impressive specs, lots more flow than a 525 and way less current. Under 15 amps even at 100psi, I wonder if the stock controller could handle it. The problem is probably the dimensions, it looks quite a bit longer than the standard ones. Also it's pretty pricey, of course.

http://www.radiumauto.com/Blog/Post/Radium-s-Ultimate-Fuel-Pump-Test-100
Another option for more fuel is a voltage booster, but definitely would require a PM4 as it will draw a lot of current. I run a voltage boosted 450 on my other car and it's around 22-25 amp draw i wanna say at 17V. I run a 30 amp fuse on the circuit. It's supporting around 700whp boosted on pump gas.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
The new one also doesn't have a check valve, which makes it a bit less streetable. Anyone assuming 700+ for a single 450 is conflating Ti's flow data with real world limitations of the lines, venturi, etc. With a return setup you can get a lot more but that's part of PR's double 450 kit for just that reason.

TURBOED1

I have a dumb EQT base tune question that I didn't see answered in this thread. Are the COBB options user adjustable after the fact? For example - if I order the EQT Base DSG tune with auto kick-down disabled, am I able to change that after the fact? What about the Cobb TC and LC?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I have a dumb EQT base tune question that I didn't see answered in this thread. Are the COBB options user adjustable after the fact? For example - if I order the EQT Base DSG tune with auto kick-down disabled, am I able to change that after the fact? What about the Cobb TC and LC?

Little unclear about part of your question but the only way to change the EQT DSG tune after the fact is with a different tune from EQT. If you mean can you switch to the Cobb DSG tune yes you can do that. By the way welcome to the forum.