kakluote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi TT K04
what is normal working range of lpfp ?

the logs is showing lpfp is working between 3 to 4 bar during

full pull(4000 to 7000RPM),

sometimes it is low to 2.8bar at 7000RPMs

does this mean the lpfp is about to die?

thanks

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
what is normal working range of lpfp ?

the logs is showing lpfp is working between 3 to 4 bar during

full pull(4000 to 7000RPM),

sometimes it is low to 2.8bar at 7000RPMs

does this mean the lpfp is about to die?

thanks

It means you’re out flowing the lpfp.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Can this be fixed with a control module upgrade, or would it take a full swap to something like an RS3 pump to remedy this?
Depends on your setup but I'm using a walbro 450 pump and torquebyte pm4 controller

littco

Ready to race!
my hpfp is setting to 230bar, too high?
Too high? If you are not sure if it's too high or not then I would suggest you are not asking the right question.

The pressure should be set to achieve the desired injector MS which is also related to the Injection window. Being too high can cause as many issues as being too low in some cases.

Lpfp is about volume of fuel not strictly pressure but ideally you should see a constant 5bar for optimal feed to the hpfp

c4ypt1k

Too high? If you are not sure if it's too high or not then I would suggest you are not asking the right question.

The pressure should be set to achieve the desired injector MS which is also related to the Injection window. Being too high can cause as many issues as being too low in some cases.

Lpfp is about volume of fuel not strictly pressure but ideally you should see a constant 5bar for optimal feed to the hpfp

Mind showing a log that show constant 5bar to the HPFP?

mine is dropping to 3bar and 3.5bar at 7000rpm 4th pull tested using 305lph and 450lph respectively on OEM controller

running E10 fuel @28psi

logviewer below is with 450lph pump

Last edited: