GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

bye bye golf R

nate704

Go Kart Champion
After 3 RMS oil leaks and unsuccessful repairs by my local dealer at 17k miles, I completely lost interest in my 2017 R.
Instead of pursuing other options (Engine replacement or Buy Back), I took it to local CarMax and got an appraisal.
To my surprise, It came out to be exact amount that I owed to my bank. Since I did not put any money down, it was just a lease for 2.5 years.
Since I have another vehicle for my commute, I am going to enjoy "no car payment" life for a while. Actually this feels very good.:D

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Sorry to hear about your issues Nate but yeah, no car payments is always a good thing.

I have been having Golf bug ever since i sold mine, hopefully you will end up with another one soon.

Bdurrell

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Z06
After 3 RMS oil leaks and unsuccessful repairs by my local dealer at 17k miles, I completely lost interest in my 2017 R.
Instead of pursuing other options (Engine replacement or Buy Back), I took it to local CarMax and got an appraisal.
To my surprise, It came out to be exact amount that I owed to my bank. Since I did not put any money down, it was just a lease for 2.5 years.
Since I have another vehicle for my commute, I am going to enjoy "no car payment" life for a while. Actually this feels very good.:D

Yes, me too. Now the proud owner of a 2019 Scat Pack.

Jim54

Same deal for me. I had coolant leaks, coolant pump failure, transmission blew up(manual) and a few electrical demons. Hated to trade it in but got a great value on it. I miss it but my new to me 2016 Chevy SS is getting me through it.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Same deal for me. I had coolant leaks, coolant pump failure, transmission blew up(manual) and a few electrical demons. Hated to trade it in but got a great value on it. I miss it but my new to me 2016 Chevy SS is getting me through it.

The Chevy SS is a neat car, and I'd expect it to hold it's value.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Carmax offered me a pack of gum for mine. I ditched it in January and just drive the beater now, itch to get back in gets stronger every month.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
Carmax offered me a pack of gum for mine. I ditched it in January and just drive the beater now, itch to get back in gets stronger every month.

I feel your pain. I don't think I can go back to performance fwd based four banger platform. It will be V6/V8 RWD/AWD platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
I feel your pain. I don't think I can go back to performance fwd based four banger platform. It will be V6/V8 RWD/AWD platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have my fiancee's first car from high school, its a 1 owner 2001 ford escape with 45,000 miles. My soul dies a little more every time I turn it on and after never seeing other Rs on the road when I had mine, I swear I see a dozen every time I drive now.

Buying a house/condo next spring so whats next will depend on the parking situation. If the new place has two parking spots, I'm hoping to get into an m2/rs5 and keep the Ford. If its only one space I'll ditch the Ford and get into an rs3 or another R. I kept all of my parts so I'm ready to rock and roll if its another one.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
What wheels are those? Picking up an 18 R next week and I hate the stock wheels.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Such a shame - what a beautiful car.

My 2015 GTI has been good for the 4 plus years I've had it, except for a coil pack that failed a couple of weeks ago and left me stranded.
I swear, as much as I love the car and VW's in general - if my car starts doing stupid things like developing rear main seal leaks, water pump failures etc., it's getting ditched and I'm getting a used Lexus IS 300 or something and that's the end of that.