GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI acronym for "Get ticket Immediately"

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
The last time I got pulled over, I was flying down a backroad in NH and zoomed right by a cop. Thought I would 100% get chewed out, especially with a car full of people. Cop was the coolest dude. Told him we had a cabin for the weekend and were just eager to get there and start drinking....he just chuckled, told me to slow down a bit, and wished us a good time.

I would like to think it was my charm but I will gladly give the credit to the power of the rabbit decal on my windshield.

SRTie4k

Ready to race!
I haven't gotten a ticket in a car since I started riding motorcycles. And after having ridden/driven around the Smoky's and the BRP, driving like an idiot around the much more tame/boring roads of NH/VT just isn't nearly as exciting.

The GTI is a fun car, but I rarely drive it like it's meant to be driven.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Tossed out my older detetector. Getting all false alarms due to other cars lane detector, adaptive cruise etc. Wondering if new detetectors know the difference.

Of course newer detectors have advanced false alarm prevention measures taking into account park pilots etc.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
All the tickets I've gotten in my 3 GTI's:

Dec 2013 - (2012 MK6 GTI MT) 61 in a 50. First ticket of my life, cop wrote me a ticket for not having an inspection sticker instead of speeding. Took it to the dealership and questioned them why my 1 year old car didn't have an inspection. They paid the ticket.

April 2014 - (2012 MK6 GTI MT) There's a stop sign in my town that has no business being a stop sign, it should be a yield. I blew it, and a cop was waiting for me to do it.

Feb 2016 - (2015 GTI SE MT) Clocked doing 77 in a 65 (??? how the hell is that enough to get a ticket? I was literally in cruise control on the turnpike lol), cop had no mercy. Probably had a quota, might've been near the end of the month.

May 2016 - (2015 GTI SE MT) Clocked doing 85 in a 50 outside of Aspen in Colorado. The rest of the drive was wide open mountain roads where everyone went super fast. Having never been to Aspen before, I wasn't aware how close I was to the outskirts. rookie mistake.

March 31st 2017 - The day I bought my current 2015 GTI S DSG. I drove down to the DC area for the car because of a crazy good deal (17K flat for a 13K mile car in apparently immaculate condition, 3 oil changes on carfax, no accidents etc). After signing on the dotted lines, I did what could be called a "victory lap" to celebrate/christen the new car.

I got pulled over with the dealership in my rearview. 75 in a 50, failure to use turning signal, unsafe driving. Between the 6 points from this one traffic stop and the 4 points from my 2 tickets in 2016, I was at 10 points on my license, aka lose-your-license territory.

Haven't gotten a ticket since. cleaned my act up. I probably wouldn't have had these issues if I was driving a Jetta :)

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Well in good old Virginia there welcome package includes a speeding ticket just because. Still the only state that bans radar detectors. Around here they purposely pull over the car that looks modified even if you are in a pack of 5, you'd be the one to get stopped.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Well in good old Virginia there welcome package includes a speeding ticket just because. Still the only state that bans radar detectors. Around here they purposely pull over the car that looks modified even if you are in a pack of 5, you'd be the one to get stopped.

Yea, screw that unconstitutional law...

Found my grandpa's old radar detector and decided to run it for a few days, honestly most cops probably don't even look for them or care. The only cops that usually run radar detector detectors are in NOVA, though that might be old information. Eventually i'd like to run a stealth detector in a visor pouch.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Does anyone run radar detector detector detectors to get away with it?

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk
I say we get a network of people to run stationary super noisy radar detectors all over the state to throw off the police and make their Spectre Elite's useless. :D:D:rolleyes:

GOLF NUTT

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI
My last ticket was 105 in a 65 yes I deserved a ticket, and that was in 1968.
At that time the GTI was not even on the scene.
Never even had a cop look twice at the GTI but drive with in 10% of the speed limit.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I say we get a network of people to run stationary super noisy radar detectors all over the state to throw off the police and make their Spectre Elite's useless. :D:D:rolleyes:

Does anyone run radar detector detector detectors to get away with it?

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

You’re onto something boys. I can get behind this. I am actually driving from Philly to Jacksonville today and will be rolling through Virginia around 7/8pm. I will be using cruise control at the speed limit the entirety of my time within the confines of VA state lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ineedboostedmk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Cop: Do you know why I pulled you over today sir.
OP: I ummmm.....
Cop: Sir you were going 80 in a 45.
OP: I ummm....... just ummm..... needed to go to the bathroom really bad.
Cop: Okay sir, your free to go.

Happened to me, going 75 in a 45, going up to Buffalo, NY. Said i had to go real bad and friend had found a convenience store up ahead on his phone. He hit me with the "you didn't see the Tim Hortons that you just past a mile back?..."

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
You’re onto something boys. I can get behind this. I am actually driving from Philly to Jacksonville today and will be rolling through Virginia around 7/8pm. I will be using cruise control at the speed limit the entirety of my time within the confines of VA state lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they won't look twice at 7-8 over typically. It's also a thursday, mid-month, and no big events like college spring break or anything so you should be fine tonight. Weekend comes and it'll be a cop in every other hidey-hole, especially on 95 or 81.

Jacobmk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI S 4dr DSG
I actually had a real excuse once.

My dad was in hospital and they just called me that they needed my permission for a blood transfusion - and of course they needed it signed.

It was rush hour and there was a nice empty HOV lane and the rest was at a near dead stop. Of course I pull into that lane and a couple of miles down the road I get pulled over. Before the cop says anything, I said "I'm going to the hospital for an emergency, before you snicker and give me a ticket call this number and ask if they need me there ASAP." He came back a minute later and said "follow me." I made it in record time and we breezed through security.

I probably saved a hundred people from getting HOV tickets that day.
Lol, glad your dad is okay.:D

Stronggside

Passed Driver's Ed
Lil story (I'm extremely lucky)

I work for a general contractor, and our site safety manager is a retired NYPD Lt.

He gave me a LBA card.

I bought a GTI MK6 and put full bolt on. (i bought the car JUST for this job)

Got stopped doing 32 over the limit. Used the LBA card, and got away with a warning.

Month later got pulled over OMW to work using my phone. Used LBA card, and got away again.

The high way patrol waits in the same spot on my route home from work. Learning from my first stop, I would never speed in that area because I knew thats a hot spot. A trashly old nissan FLYS by me. I say to myself "this dude is TOAST". The high way patorl men stops ME!

hits me with 33 over the limit ticket. My LBA card didn't work this time. I'm pissed tbh facing 8 point ticket. I get a letter in the mail stating my court date was rescheduled.

Got into a accident with the MK6 (I'm fine, car totalled). Bought a MK7 and get stopped doing 22 over the limit. Cop looks at my vehicle history and lets me off because he notices I already have a over 30+ ticket pending, and recently got in accident. He lets me off the hook!

one month before the court date for my 30 over ticket, I get a letter in mail saying it was DISMISSED.

To make it short, I somehow got out of 2 over 30+ tickets, and a over 20+ ticket.

I no longer speed

LMFAO