GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI acronym for "Get ticket Immediately"

RSLICK

Ready to race!
Car(s)
7.5 Autobahn DSG
That's what I was told when I first bought the car 10 months ago. That's how long it took me to get one. First one in 30 years. $200 dollar fine. Twenty-two over in a 30 mph zone. So, what's your experience.? Be honest now!

Last edited:

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
What did you do?

Juggar

Ready to race!
I stopped getting tickets as soon as I got a decent Uniden Radar detector.

I got some BS 13 over (in a 50) ticket and was like "this has to stop, im not living in fear over 13 mph".

I swear that trooper picked the lowest hanging fruit on that dead stretch of road.

Jacobmk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI S 4dr DSG
Cop: Do you know why I pulled you over today sir.
OP: I ummmm.....
Cop: Sir you were going 80 in a 45.
OP: I ummm....... just ummm..... needed to go to the bathroom really bad.
Cop: Okay sir, your free to go.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
This post is going to totally screw me but whatever, I’m feeling lucky. From 2014-2017, I got 4 speeding tickets in N.C. and VA. None of them egregious (10-15mph over). I was driving a white Mazda 3 at the time. Since June of 17’ not a single ticket in the GTI and I mess around way more often than I have in any other car. It’s just a golf, right? :)

bl33dBlue21

Go Kart Newbie
got a ticket for no license plate in front. i run a radar detector now as well. when i had my MK5 jetta, i ran no front license plate, tints and never got a ticket. my worst driving record was from my MK4 gti but i was young then. i def think the GTI attracts mor LEOs

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
That's what I was told when I first bought the car 10 months ago. That's how long it took me to get one. First one in 30 years. $200 dollar fine. So, what's your experience. Be honest now!
$360 for doing 85 on a 65 going to work. Largely empty hwy early in the morning. 9 months.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I stopped getting tickets as soon as I got a decent Uniden Radar detector.

I got some BS 13 over (in a 50) ticket and was like "this has to stop, im not living in fear over 13 mph".

I swear that trooper picked the lowest hanging fruit on that dead stretch of road.
R3?

Juggar

Ready to race!

DFR7 cause I got it for like $120. Its highly rated as an entry level unit.

I do plan to upgrade to an R3 or better. The mountains make detecting harder, I came round a curve on a back road and the detector didn't go off until I was face to face with the trooper.

cb1111

Cop: Do you know why I pulled you over today sir.
OP: I ummmm.....
Cop: Sir you were going 80 in a 45.
OP: I ummm....... just ummm..... needed to go to the bathroom really bad.
Cop: Okay sir, your free to go.
I actually had a real excuse once.

My dad was in hospital and they just called me that they needed my permission for a blood transfusion - and of course they needed it signed.

It was rush hour and there was a nice empty HOV lane and the rest was at a near dead stop. Of course I pull into that lane and a couple of miles down the road I get pulled over. Before the cop says anything, I said "I'm going to the hospital for an emergency, before you snicker and give me a ticket call this number and ask if they need me there ASAP." He came back a minute later and said "follow me." I made it in record time and we breezed through security.

I probably saved a hundred people from getting HOV tickets that day.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
DFR7 cause I got it for like $120. Its highly rated as an entry level unit.

I do plan to upgrade to an R3 or better. The mountains make detecting harder, I came round a curve on a back road and the detector didn't go off until I was face to face with the trooper.
The 7 is a good one for sure. I was running a Cobra for a while, saved me plenty. Except for that one time. I'm now running a Radenso Pro M. Great range and excellent filtering.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I actually had a real excuse once.

My dad was in hospital and they just called me that they needed my permission for a blood transfusion - and of course they needed it signed.

It was rush hour and there was a nice empty HOV lane and the rest was at a near dead stop. Of course I pull into that lane and a couple of miles down the road I get pulled over. Before the cop says anything, I said "I'm going to the hospital for an emergency, before you snicker and give me a ticket call this number and ask if they need me there ASAP." He came back a minute later and said "follow me." I made it in record time and we breezed through security.

I probably saved a hundred people from getting HOV tickets that day.
Nice!