GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Prevent Carbon build up ?

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
MPI is intriguing to me. I know it’s expensive and needs tuning. Also good for high HP applications. My question is could it be beneficial to someone like myself who’s never going past is38 or littco 380 power levels or even someone on a stg 2 tune like I will be shortly? If it keeps carbon build up at bay and is more efficient overall it seems like it might be a worthwhile investment even though costly.

The cost of buying, install, likely custom tune, etc would likely outweigh the benefit and paying 3 or even 4 times to have it cleaned would still cost less.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Not this thread again...

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
E85 blending. Or meth (not the smokable kind that makes someone want to disassemble a vacuum cleaner :D). Won't prevent it but sure helps. Save your $$$ on buying a catch can for cool mods and beer.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
I wonder if the North American MK8 might offer dual injection (direct and port) on the EA888? It's a long shot I suppose. I think some (or all?) European EA888s have it, but its additional cost was reason to delete it from North American vehicles.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Ethanol blends burn super clean, for those with the option. Above E40ish there is a huge reduction of carbon.

I wonder if the North American MK8 might offer dual injection (direct and port) on the EA888? It's a long shot I suppose. I think some (or all?) European EA888s have it, but its additional cost was reason to delete it from North American vehicles.

VW removed it in South America, I wouldn't expect it to come here.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
This is why people like myself have drastically reduced their forum board browsing habits.

After a few years 9 out of 10 posts are unnecessary as no one tends to search.

radoroc

Ready to race!
Ethanol blends burn super clean, for those with the option. Above E40ish there is a huge reduction of carbon.

So true, and still people think ethanol is the problem and avoid it with the 10% added to gas. It's extremely clean burning compared to gas.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion

Not just South America, Europe lost port injection too. It got the axe on the 2019 EA888 when bringing the engine up to WLTP standards.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
This is why people like myself have drastically reduced their forum board browsing habits.

After a few years 9 out of 10 posts are unnecessary as no one tends to search.

Most of the time when I do a search the pertinent post has so many pages it could literally take a few days to read it all not to mention being out of date. As you say 9 out of 10 posts are unnecessary so the forum would be practically dead. All we would be doing is referring someone to an existing post. The forum would mostly be an archive.

blower

Ready to race!
Dual injection reduces particulate emissions by improving idle and low load efficiency via port injection - resulting in a more complete burn, and hence reduced sooty particulates.

Dual injection was originally brought in on EU models to meet the stricter EU6 particulate emissions limits. Since this requirement was not part of US/NA emissions standards - they never bothered with dual injection on NA models.

Now with EU models, the WLTP standards have even tighter limits on particulates, so they had to fit a GPF and in doing so completed removed the need (in their eyes) for dual injection - so it was dropped.

The fact it prevented carbon build up and also improved idle stability - was a side effect as far as they were concerned, one of which they appear not to care about.

Unfortunately now that GPF's are here to stay, the chance of dual injection coming back in the mk8, on EU or NA models - is practically zero.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Most of the time when I do a search the pertinent post has so many pages it could literally take a few days to read it all not to mention being out of date. As you say 9 out of 10 posts are unnecessary so the forum would be practically dead. All we would be doing is referring someone to an existing post. The forum would mostly be an archive.

This is an endless shit fight. Most of us have demanding lives outside this forum, that's why I leave the searching for those that have too much free time on their hands. I search occasionally, but nowhere near as much as demanded by the die hard priests of the "use the search function" cult.