GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Golf R vs. SHO and SS Camaro

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Did a few runs last night because people don't believe in the R. Temps were really cold (30~33F), so my Indy 500's were struggling to keep the power to the pavement.

First video was my buddy's SHO on E30 tune. Mostly stock, just intake and tune.

https://vimeo.com/318478591

Second video was with a new Camaro SS, and the same SHO.

https://vimeo.com/318478788

Last video was against the Camaro SS again, he wanted a re-match because his traction control was off and he spun too much.

https://vimeo.com/318478943

Mods:

'17 R DSG

EQT Turbo, EQT TIP
Magesty Intercooler
Auto Tech HPFP
PR STG 3 LPFP
3" custom turbo-back exhaust
Injen EVO intake

TurboSmart EM Kompact DV
Cobb Accessport with that HOT TUNE (E50) by Ed @ EQT, ECM and TCM.

Sorry for potato quality. My passenger has the biggest POS phone out there. If he rides along next time, I'll make him use my phone.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
damn that SHO sure did launch.. is he running the cop steelies?

Nope, no cop steelies. They're 19" black alloys IIRC. Think he's on Michelin PS4S.

How much power are you pushing?

Not really sure. Ed puts it at an uncorrected 440-460whp as of last time I asked him but there have been a couple revisions. This elevation has been interesting to say the least.

Nice runs.

People in the Q50 Red Sport thread need to take note of the SHO.

Thanks :) Q50 Red Sports are nice, but man that SHO made me nervous on launch when I couldn't hook fast enough. Sometimes it pays to be heavier.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
I had an sho, dp’s and liverniose tune. It’d run 12.8s all day. For what it was, it was pretty quick. It definitely humbled allot of shit off the light on the street and I did run copper wheels lol

For the boat it was it was fun and really good at just gobbling up freeway miles, boring as hell though.

Attachments

• EDB0261D-180A-4A03-833C-99985F971D9A.jpeg
    EDB0261D-180A-4A03-833C-99985F971D9A.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 550
  • A76AE11E-5436-4971-8162-C4D83BE0DC8F.jpeg
    A76AE11E-5436-4971-8162-C4D83BE0DC8F.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 542
  • 699FD5B7-F74A-4C7E-B8FE-181282444499.jpeg
    699FD5B7-F74A-4C7E-B8FE-181282444499.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 527
  • 0D8D3522-FE2E-49B2-8A2E-9E349FABA6C2.jpeg
    0D8D3522-FE2E-49B2-8A2E-9E349FABA6C2.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 540
Last edited:

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Woah, nice kills. That SHO launch tho..

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Nice kills! the rematch was even worse than the first run.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
KASPER said:
I had an sho, dp’s and liverniose tune. It’d run 12.8s all day. For what it was, it was pretty quick. It definitely humbled allot of shit off the light on the street and I did run copper wheels lol

For the boat it was it was fun and really good at just gobbling up freeway miles, boring as hell though.

They definitely move out. He's got DP's now, getting ready to install them. Not sure who he's had tune the car.

Woah, nice kills. That SHO launch tho..

For real. Shocked me.

I'm sure the SS guy feels the need for more mods after that.

The SS owner made excuse after excuse, especially when he told the group before our runs that he's a low 11 second car. First it was his tires, then it was his traction control.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
The SS owner made excuse after excuse, especially when he told the group before our runs that he's a low 11 second car. First it was his tires, then it was his traction control.

You raced a RWD car on street tires in freezing temps...

His excuses are valid. He could have an 8 second car and he'd still lose that race.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
You raced a RWD car on street tires in freezing temps...

His excuses are valid. He could have an 8 second car and he'd still lose that race.

Not with me pulling busses on him like that. I agree that there's some hardware, and mostly driver mod needed, but there's no way he should have been multiple bus lengths behind me, RWD or otherwise, if he has a low 11 second car. DA last night was 3200ft. Probably the lowest it'll be all year long.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
They definitely move out. He's got DP's now, getting ready to install them. Not sure who he's had tune the car.

For real. Shocked me.

The sho’s with a tune and a few speed parts, definitely were the sleeper before the mk7s with light boltons came around, now it’s no comparison. It’s amazing though, when my R was stage 2, it was a full second quicker in the 1/4. Swap out turbos and these cars are super car fast, it really is amazing performance for relatively modest investment especially if you can do the install yourself or have a good hookup, I’m constantly impressed with what people get out of the mk7 platform on a stock block, it’s really impressive and nice kills btw, I knew ya would, it’s just a matter of how bad :)