GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CAI for sound but worried about heat soak

Oxln

I want to buy a CAI for sounds mostly, I don’t plan on tuning for a while. However, I am scared because I live in FL and summer will be a bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liam8216

Passed Driver's Ed
I personally have not seen any increase in temps with with the k&n system and I live in Texas.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Oxln

I personally have not seen any increase in temps with with the k&n system and I live in Texas.

Man you know what Im gonna do it fuck it, I’m gonna get the CTS turbo intake it’s on sale. Is that a good one to purchase or would you recommend the injen or K&N better?

liam8216

Passed Driver's Ed
Man you know what Im gonna do it fuck it, I’m gonna get the CTS turbo intake it’s on sale. Is that a good one to purchase or would you recommend the injen or K&N better?

I'm actually looking at the BMS Cai or one that retains the lower half of the factory box. The thing I don't like about the kn there are two sections of pipe.

Evil Minion

Ready to race!

I've had the Injen one for over a year now, and no issues with build quality or anything. I believe it's cheaper than the other options as well, or at least it used to be.

And it makes really fun turbo sounds for the inner child :D

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
It's been argued once the air passes the turbo and through the IC the IATs are similar.

My thought is this:

-LMS race cars used closed systems. (Rule book required or not)
-I would rather have more dense air entering the turbo compressor.

In the past I have had to change my tune (reduce timing) on N/A cars because of the hot air picked up from open intakes. They were such a negative hit, I have stayed away since even with a turbo and IC in the mix.

liam8216

Passed Driver's Ed
Something like for a stock look

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
tape it with heat reflective tape

Does this stuff actually work well? not a fan of the gold engine bay bling but thinking about putting this on my MAPerformance intake pipe. It's SS and during warmer weather it was getting hot. Ended up taking it off and putting stock box back on. Realized i was missing the sounds after i put it back on in the colder months.

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie

ive been running the cts for almost 3 years no issues. However I am considering selling it or trading it for a closed intake...im over the whole turbo noise shenanigans