GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VTT Final Production Unit Dyno 513WHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
Can you post WG percentage, boost PSI and RPM?
I have zero access to logs, Logs are automatically uploaded to UM, they analyze, and make changes. I cannot provide the WGDC data. This is 33 PSI target up top, boost is ramped in to purposely keep TQ in check. Jeff forgot it was a stock motor when we first started this week and had a little too much boost dialed in down and we saw 482WTQ, boost control was still not dialed up top so we had a small power dip(I threw that graph in below). I had to remind him to flatten it back out by ramping boost in to protect the motor. If you have a built motor, and could target max boost down low this turbo would easily make 500+WTQ by 3800-4K RPM. On street tires that is useless, but for launching at the track on slicks would be very useful.

Here is the uncorrected graph, we are at sea level here, and temps were mild when dynoing, so not much correction factor is being used by the software.

Attachments

• Production unit 513-444_UC.jpg
    Production unit 513-444_UC.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 792
  • Production unit 498-482_STD.jpg
    Production unit 498-482_STD.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 811
  • Production unit 497-482_UC.jpg
    Production unit 497-482_UC.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 794

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
Just ask Jeff for the basic info, he will ship you over a .csv.

I'm curious more to see the street manners than anything else.

My guess is 3800-3900ish rpm to spool based off the dyno graph.
Street manners are nonexistent, anything more than 1/4 throttle, and its spinning the tires, and making traction control work over time. If you are doing 80 on the freeway, just flat foot it, and let it drop down into 3rd it will light up the tires at 80. The car feels like it spools almost instantly in any situation, it never has the feeling of waiting for boost to come in or lag. I posted street spool logs previously taken with my OBD11, load makes a huge difference, saw 20psi before 3K if I remember correct. A dynojet is never a good show of spool. I can dig those logs. I have them somewhere. I have asked Jeff for a log before, he told me they prefer to keep them. I can ask again. This new with us, if you follow us on the BMW stuff, we post full logs, full data on everything thing we do so its different not having access to the logs.

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
This car is like our shop mule. We throw parts in the back, a different employee is taking it home every weekend, I have loaned it to customers for 1-2 weeks at a time, all with intructions to drive it like you stole. These turbos are this car, has never skipped a beat, one of my favorite development cars we have had.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
If you are doing 80 on the freeway, just flat foot it, and let it drop down into 3rd it will light up the tires at 80.

Sounds like my kind of party!

Vargasturbotech said:
I have asked Jeff for a log before, he told me they prefer to keep them.

Yeah at most you will get very basic info like WG, Boost, Throttle, Timing. He logs like a trillion inputs with his kick @$$ proprietary software and can understand wanting to protect that.

A simple VagCom log in the future would be great. Maybe some of your first customers can provide some.

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
Do you think he had a torch below his weather station?

If not, why would uncorrected numbers be helpful? Atmosphere matters.

The standards document outlines a number of steps for applying the correction factors and when to use them. I'm skeptical that anybody outside of a lab facility is diligently following the standard.

Uncorrected says how much power was made, to the extent that a Dynojet does that accurately.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
I think my biggest comment is this: I think all of us are curious to what this turbo is capable and only lost interest due to the fellow running your customer service on this forum. If that gets resolved, so will many of the issues you have with generating support off here. Second, I would say the vast majority of customers who are interested in this turbo are not looking to run 500+ HP and all sorts of fueling upgrades. No one really cares too much about what the turbo did with a JB4, as that is a very basic setup that doesn't control very many parameters. If you really want to sell customers, you need to run this thing on a GTI on 91-93 octane on stock fueling. Another issue is a lot of people just don't want to mess with E blends, because they don't have good access to it. For the serious racer with tons of cash, this may be a good option, but you lose a lot of market share when you don't have good protune numbers for the average buyer. Just my two cents...

Navi

Autocross Champion
I think my biggest comment is this: I think all of us are curious to what this turbo is capable and only lost interest due to the fellow running your customer service on this forum. If that gets resolved, so will many of the issues you have with generating support off here. Second, I would say the vast majority of customers who are interested in this turbo are not looking to run 500+ HP and all sorts of fueling upgrades. No one really cares too much about what the turbo did with a JB4, as that is a very basic setup that doesn't control very many parameters. If you really want to sell customers, you need to run this thing on a GTI on 91-93 octane on stock fueling. Another issue is a lot of people just don't want to mess with E blends, because they don't have good access to it. For the serious racer with tons of cash, this may be a good option, but you lose a lot of market share when you don't have good protune numbers for the average buyer. Just my two cents...

damn son... quoted for truth

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
damn son... quoted for truth

The other thing of concern to the daily enthusiast is how laggy this thing appears to be..... am I reading this right? Is it not hitting full boost until after 4k?

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
The other thing of concern to the daily enthusiast is how laggy this thing appears to be..... am I reading this right? Is it not hitting full boost until after 4k?

We don't know yet. Logs are to follow. My guess will be 38-3900.

It's EQT that has the electric motor inside pre-spooling the TD06 to provide magical 3k spools. :p:p:p

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
We don't know yet. Logs are to follow. My guess will be 38-3900.

It's EQT that has the electric motor inside pre-spooling the TD06 to provide magical 3k spools. :p:p:p

lol - I thought it was the hamster? haha

Status
Not open for further replies.