GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofitting Lane assist camera without changing windshield?

bsalih

Passed Driver's Ed

Guys,

My 3Q0 camera arrived. I have checked and verified that there are 34 pins, so I will order a 20cm(it seems the length cannot be longer than this)34 pin extender and adapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bsalih

Passed Driver's Ed

Guys,

My 3Q0 camera arrived. I have checked and verified that there are 34 pins, so I will order a 20cm(it seems the length cannot be longer than this)34 pin extender and adapter.

gc9n,
Did you find a 34pin to 34pin 0.5mm pitch adapter with 20cm extension cable?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie

bsalih

Passed Driver's Ed
gc9n didnt use those cables, he mounted the camera as one piece on the windshield.

but if you want, thats the 34 pin i ordered.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32945551584.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.62ca4c4dSgKQaD

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32817046543.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.62ca4c4dSgKQaD

Thank you Repear,

It looks like the link you shared has 1mm pitch rather than 0.5mm. (Just checking if you got the correct one). But I found a pair with 34pin at 0.5mm pitch. I also both 50cm in addition to 20cm. I will check if 50cm will work on 3Q0. If 50cm works, then i can put the brains somewhere inside the ceiling, otherwise 20cm extension cable is the only way and OEM camera cover will do the covering.

Also when you have time, can you share the calibration board? Last one was for backup camera it seems.

bsalih

Passed Driver's Ed
All,

I have received the harness. Here is the pictures of the two ends. I haven't had a time to look at the details but I assume I will need another two-line cable to connect the camera to OEM ACC.

davidch

Guys,

Looking for some help with the R242 Camera configuration. i have a 2015 Golf TDI SEL I had rock hit my windshield a few months back and decided to install the lane assist camera, auto dim mirror, sensor etc. It is the US 2016 version w/ square mount and offset camera. I wired up everything through the TIULs as listed here and using OEM diagrams, etc. Everything came up fine VCDS, but getting error on the A5 camera that is:

0649 - invalid data record
B2005 00 [009] - -
[New feature! Extended UDS fault detail is only supported by current gen. interfaces]
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 2
Reset counter: 225
Mileage: 48654 km
Date: 2019.06.26
Time: 15:54:08

Control Module temperature: 46 ∞C
Outside air temperature: 32.5 ∞C
Vehicle speed: 0.00 km/h
Voltage terminal 15: 12.3 V
Terminal 15 on: 692.0 s

Tried unsuccessfully to code and/or calibrate after multiple attempts in VCDS and even ODIS. Anyway to flash the unit with basic parameters with VCDS or ODIS? Note, that I do not have a ODIS Gecko account to access the online VW database. It tries to connect me multiple times but I am eventually stopped out of the test. Camera was purchased through AliExpress.

Last edited:

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
of course if you buy a NEW control module, it comes as "virgin". it's always easier (and cheaper) to buy used, and coming possibly from the same car.

VCDS cannot write the dataset, and ODIS would refuse because your VIN does not have the camera as stock.

long story short, you need to find somebody with VCP. period.

davidch

of course if you buy a NEW control module, it comes as "virgin". it's always easier (and cheaper) to buy used, and coming possibly from the same car.

VCDS cannot write the dataset, and ODIS would refuse because your VIN does not have the camera as stock.

long story short, you need to find somebody with VCP. period.

thanks davide... i ordered VCP. should have in about week

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Any pointers on the ODIS - S Version to perform the calibrations ?

I do have the VAS Cable with bluetooth and OKI chip enabled, however the version ODIS S - 5.0.4 no longer seems to work with license expiration issues. So Any known older versions supporting the calibrations and performing basic settings will be helpful.

With the camera mounted, wired and all VCDS Setups completed, it is still unusable as the basic settings and calibrations are not completed from ODIS.

Thanks.