GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS pedal tuner for MK7

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
The four maps are OEM, Normal, Mid, and Race and you can use the + and - buttons to further tune the sensitivity to your pedal input.

I tried Mid for a couple of minutes and then went to Race, turned all the way up. I've been at that setting for the past week. It's definitely noticable without question. I'm used to a very sensitive sportbike throttle and prefer the pedal to be turned up quite a bit from the OEM setting.

At this point, I don't see any drawbacks for me. MPGs are probably worse now, but that's pretty much to be expected since the throttle inputs are more aggressive.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sounds good! Thanks.

ebg18t

Ready to race!

Nope. The VCDS changes setting in the controller.

This pedal thingie increases the sensitivity of the pedal by intercepting and changing the voltage causing the car to think the pedal is pushed further than it is. It’s a just a little box that modifies the signal. Perfect to use with the JB1/4 (another little box to modify signals to cause the ecu to do something).

Here’s the chart from the Sprint Booster to make it easier to explain:

liam8216

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone know if this remaps a 6mt on mk7. 5 and if it so what does it feel like afterwards?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Does anyone know if this remaps a 6mt on mk7. 5 and if it so what does it feel like afterwards?

The transmission type doesn't make any difference. It simply improves the throttle response.

liam8216

Passed Driver's Ed
The transmission type doesn't make any difference. It simply improves the throttle response.
Thanks. I just got it today. Do you have a write up on do you have to take Pedal out like it shows on the BMW and where to run wire for remote?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Thanks. I just got it today. Do you have a write up on do you have to take Pedal out like it shows on the BMW and where to run wire for remote?

I didn't install mine but it looks like the connections are up under the dash not down on the pedal like the BMW. It can't be too difficult because it only took about 20 minutes to install.

liam8216

Passed Driver's Ed
I didn't install mine but it looks like the connections are up under the dash not down on the pedal like the BMW. It can't be too difficult because it only took about 20 minutes to install.
Good to know. I wish someone would chime in. I see a post that has placement of remote but not where the plug is. I guess I will have to just get under the dash and look tomorrow for it.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Good to know. I wish someone would chime in. I see a post that has placement of remote but not where the plug is. I guess I will have to just get under the dash and look tomorrow for it.

I'll be selfish and ask you to post your impressions once you drive with the tuner. I'm slowly getting ready to pull the trigger.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'll be selfish and ask you to post your impressions once you drive with the tuner. I'm slowly getting ready to pull the trigger.

I'm running mine on the maximum setting and the throttle is much more responsive. After a short while you'll be used to it and to remind yourself how much it improves response is easy by simply turning it off temporarily.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Nope. The VCDS changes setting in the controller.

This pedal thingie increases the sensitivity of the pedal by intercepting and changing the voltage causing the car to think the pedal is pushed further than it is. It’s a just a little box that modifies the signal. Perfect to use with the JB1/4 (another little box to modify signals to cause the ecu to do something).

Here’s the chart from the Sprint Booster to make it easier to explain:

Would like to know if anyone mapped this with the VCDS tweak.

Splashalot1

Have a look at post #3 here: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=276517.0

I realise this is a different brand to yours but expect the connections and installation are the same.