GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Solution to Heeltoe Woes

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
Printed some extras, let me know if anyone is interested!

Mike-E

Go Kart Newbie
I have no problems heal & toeing with my R. But, in previous cars, I just cut an appropriately thick/shaped piece of plywood, put the roughest peel and stick sand paper I could find on it, screwed it to the gas or brake pedal, then painted it flat black. Under the dash, no one ever noticed it.

daisoma

Passed Driver's Ed
I have no problems heal & toeing with my R. But, in previous cars, I just cut an appropriately thick/shaped piece of plywood, put the roughest peel and stick sand paper I could find on it, screwed it to the gas or brake pedal, then painted it flat black. Under the dash, no one ever noticed it.
Wow that sounds ghetto

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
So, I'm late to the party and finally got one of these things in... and OMG what a noticeable difference. My heel toeing abilities in stock form suck donkey balls. But with the spacer everything is so effortless!!

The ironic part is the heel toeing benefit isn't the only noticeable change. For some reason the spacer positioning increased the throttle response by a good 20%-50%. Not sure about the mechanics of it, or why a small spacer would do this, but it 100% does increase throttle response.

Must say, all in all for the $$ I paid and the ease of install I HIGHLY suggest anyone with a 6MT get one!!

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I've had mine from WCT for over a year and just got it in last week. I didn't notice a throttle response difference, but I DID notice a huge difference in heel toe ability. I've been doing heel toe on my nissans, hondas, and MK6 golf, but gave up on my MK7. Heel toe is now easy on the MK7 also!

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Had quite a few manuals, but this is the first car I've tried heel/toe downshifting on. The WCT spacer really does help, but it is still not that easy. I can do it, but it's going to take me a while for it to feel natural.

And there is increased throttle response, like others have said.

galaxy

Heel toe / Ball Edge

I installed the WCT spacer couple weeks ago. Yes , it is big difference and I can heel toe now, but I still prefer using Ball Edge to downshift rather than twisting the foot to do real heel toe.

so unless you have wide foot to do Ball Edge, otherwise you better to install wider pedals for ball edge which will provide you normal driving foot position for downshifting.

P.S., WCT staff is very friendly and helpful.

Inka Orange

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit 6MT
Just ordered the WCT spacer. I had the heel-toe thing down to second nature back in the '70s. Couldn't get it right with either my '14 Mustang or now the GTI. One thing - many of the newer pedals seem to be of the type that swing down from the top, rather than hinge at the bottom...so instead of the heel-stab that worked for me for so long, I see the need to adapt to an ankle-bending, ball o' the foot/outside of the foot rocking motion.

I can almost do it with the stock pedal arrangement. Might work for me while on a drive somewhere, only to not work so well on the return trip. Feet kinda big. Ankles maybe don't bend so good. Hope this thing works! will report back.