THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
got any other photos of the setup. these pics make it look like the rear is poking more than the front.

That's a bad side to look at because the lovely VW rear subframe offset, it's about 5-6mm further out than the driver side. The front poke is also really minimal from my camber which is ~-2.2 I believe. The rear camber is only ~-1.6-8 IIRC so the top of the tire is more poked.

I don't have anything real straight on but this is the driver side:
20181124_131607_HDR by Jon Collier, on Flickr

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Installed the mpi, running e52 and put the car on the dyno, made 488whp/448wtq, at 30psi at around 13° of timing, meth was turned off. Ed you have a great turbo, I'll break 500whp soon, this dyno session was basically just to see where my torque was at, now we know where to pull the power out.

https://youtu.be/ug0sjjxN5SQ

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Nice work! Another degree or two and you’ll be easily over 500 :)

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Nice work! Another degree or two and you’ll be easily over 500 :)
Thanks Ed I was at 14.5° and 31psi but we turned it down when I turned off the meth, I have no doubt the other setting was over 500

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Thanks Ed I was at 14.5° and 31psi but we turned it down when I turned off the meth, I have no doubt the other setting was over 500

In my experience, it will keep making power up to 16-17*. You still have some room for sure. But should feel really nice!

railroader

Autocross Newbie
In my experience, it will keep making power up to 16-17*. You still have some room for sure. But should feel really nice!
It feels good, the great job you did with this turbo and the spool is amazing. At 30psi my Wastegate is only at around 45%. Also at 30psi this turbo is very efficient, I'll post up some iat logs fro. The dyno pull without spraying meth.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
that is an unbelievable torque curve! what the faq! making >350tq at 3500rpm at the wheels!

I ran ET street R on my last street car and it was almost unbearable on the street, plus once you get a dozen heat cycles in them they really start to lose traction badly. felt horrendous around corners too although i had more sidewall than you would use. I think for the street the nt05r or nt555r are the best options personally.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
It feels good, the great job you did with this turbo and the spool is amazing. At 30psi my Wastegate is only at around 45%. Also at 30psi this turbo is very efficient, I'll post up some iat logs fro. The dyno pull without spraying meth.

Awesome numbers man. Is there a particular reason you didn't run full e85? Since you're mpi now

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Awesome numbers man. Is there a particular reason you didn't run full e85? Since you're mpi now
I dont have it readily available, I run out of a 55 gallon drum in my garage, my closest station is 130 mile round trip

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
I dont have it readily available, I run out of a 55 gallon drum in my garage, my closest station is 130 mile round trip

Well that makes sense. You've got to be Ed's favorite customer by now lol. Definitely wanna see some races to see what it'll take down.