GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

Hoop711

Passed Driver's Ed
psychonosspaz, let me know what kind of numbers you get or how the car feels when it is sorted out as I will probably initially start with just 92 pump gas with this turbo and maybe go from there depending on the power. (I believe you said you were just doing pump 92 to start as well)

Cheers,
Dan

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Eh looks like i will be waiting for the new shipment of turbos to come in before i recieve mine

Guys, I made it really clear that I only had a few turbos in stock at the beginning of this sale. Those were gone within 2 days. We're expecting 30 more turbos by the end of the month and will ship them ASAP.

FYI, we only have 4 turbos still available from this upcoming shipment! So if you want to get in on this batch and price, don't wait!

Thanks
-- Ed

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
psychonosspaz, let me know what kind of numbers you get or how the car feels when it is sorted out as I will probably initially start with just 92 pump gas with this turbo and maybe go from there depending on the power. (I believe you said you were just doing pump 92 to start as well)

Cheers,

Dan

Jay and I just spent 5 hours trying to get the damn IS20 actuator working properly - not sure why mine is such a PITA but holy shit! Nice burn on my forearm too! Good news is we somehow got it to 3.7 something volts.....took it for a drive and holy shit it's fast....took a log all the way up 2nd and deep into third....will be sending to Ed for his thoughts once I find a damn computer that will let me use AP Manager....pump 92 will be fine, trust me!!

Swoope

Ready to race!
Jay and I just spent 5 hours trying to get the damn IS20 actuator working properly - not sure why mine is such a PITA but holy shit! Nice burn on my forearm too! Good news is we somehow got it to 3.7 something volts.....took it for a drive and holy shit it's fast....took a log all the way up 2nd and deep into third....will be sending to Ed for his thoughts once I find a damn computer that will let me use AP Manager....pump 92 will be fine, trust me!!

great news!!!!!!

beers

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Yeah fuck that actuator. That shit was nothing like my is38 actuator. What a pain.

Glad we got it sorted. Your car hauls!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Yeah fuck that actuator. That shit was nothing like my is38 actuator. What a pain.

Glad we got it sorted. Your car hauls!

Now to get that insane log to Ed to verify it was running safe :p. I didn't look at the speedometer but I'd pretty sure we were in Mexico!

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
For you guys running an E blend with this turbo, are you on stock internals or did you upgrade your rods etc...?

I would think anything over 430 wtq on stock internals is at or above the threshold.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
For you guys running an E blend with this turbo, are you on stock internals or did you upgrade your rods etc...?

I would think anything over 430 wtq on stock internals is at or above the threshold.
I'm stock internals

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Calubi

Ready to race!
Results with a bit of Ethanol:

Wow, great results! Any Dragy numbers?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

So what allowed it to finally pass?

Hoop711

Passed Driver's Ed

Glad you got it up and running. This is great news as I didn't really want to get into ethanol (at least not right away) but everyone here knows how this power bug works............moar power!!!

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Results with a bit of Ethanol:

That is a solid dyno/tune!

400+wtq from 3500-6500 is exactly what I'd like to see on a fast road/track car. Pretty solid HP to redline as well, but you can see the turbo isn't going to flow GTX30 numbers, and I'm fine with that for 1/2 the price of a BOSS 600, and reduced fueling upgrade costs.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
So what allowed it to finally pass?
I had to compare actual vs specified on the actuator PIDs while it was running the open/close test. We couldn't get it to stay closed otherwise... It would finish the test, then return to a 60% ish open state.

With me under the car, psychonosspaz would ignition cycle the car to reset, queue up the tests and report the PIDs, and I would make small adjustments to the actuator rod. Took about 5 tries to get it to report actual=specified for both open and close. The acknowledgement voltage was 2.11v in its 'resting' state when it finally passed, but reported 3.7v during the closure sequence of the test.

Make sense? Probably clear as mud lol

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I had to compare actual vs specified on the actuator PIDs while it was running the open/close test. We couldn't get it to stay closed otherwise... It would finish the test, then return to a 60% ish open state.

With me under the car, psychonosspaz would ignition cycle the car to reset, queue up the tests and report the PIDs, and I would make small adjustments to the actuator rod. Took about 5 tries to get it to report actual=specified for both open and close. The acknowledgement voltage was 2.11v in its 'resting' state when it finally passed, but reported 3.7v during the closure sequence of the test.

Make sense? Probably clear as mud lol

Thanks. Still trying to get ahold of these IS20 WGs adaptation process. I wonder if that 2.11v is the key?

image by Diggs24, on Flickr

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Thanks. Still trying to get ahold of these IS20 WGs adaptation process. I wonder if that 2.11v is the key?

image by Diggs24, on Flickr
Isnt the is20 shaft shorter, been a long time since I've seen one,

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk